my new s3 8l progress thread

s3schofield

Reaction score
Hi had my s3 since saturday imola yellow one 90,000 miles 51 plate amk , totally standard car well looked after good service history. I have already done some mods and have a few pics but more after a wash this weekend.

So far i have fitted a autobahn tip, heatshield and cone filter, forge short shift, revo stage 1 remap tweaked with sps, n249 delete replaced with resistor, bosch areo wipers, fitted my new weitec coilovers this eve at work (garage) with new top mounts and bearings too and carried out a full service and oil flush car drives awesome now love it.

Mods to come are 3" DP decat and cat back exhaust, and a front mount intercooler then stage 2 revo, some wheel spacers and spray wheels dark grey (gun metal) oh and a decent stereo instead of the standard tape deck LOL

I must admit the coilovers have made a huge difference to the cars dynamics, and the remap shows the cars potential alot more :-]

some pics of the coilovers (thanks for a great deal mark at awesome GTI) more pics soon

S7301678.jpg

S7301677.jpg

S7301676.jpg

S7301675.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Always liked the yellow ones.

How much where the coilovers and what is the ride like?

Thanks wanted yellow or red wanna re spray it renault flip yellow as seen on megane 225 eventually. The ride is awesome had them on my polo 1.8t and they are just kw v1 basics rebranded even say made by kw on the box, seriously not much difference in comfort from stock if anything less bouncy (maybe 10 year old suspension was goosed) and handling is so much sharper etc etc i found both rear springs snapped on the end coils LOL thought it was low at the rear ha, price cant remember including vat ill dig receipt out as had remap at same time at awesome gti think cost me about £550 plus i got top mounts £30 for pair .

Looking good pics of the car lowered :D always loved the yellow and red ones, red one came up first and it was sold at mates rates as i no the last owner so had to go for red myself. Look forwad too seeing more progress on this very soon

Lovely car, is the ride still comfy as i was looking at new suspension too. I always liked Koni Road Sports.

fair play on the thread and progress

It's the yellow ones that are the biggest pain I swear... or maybe it's just mine.... lol.

Good buy there mate!

Looks nice mate, you've done more to yours in the first week than i done in the first 6 months!

Thanks everyone very friendly welcome I'll take some pics today polished and cleaned yesterday and you can see what it's like lowered etc , I need some rear tie arms and spacers at rear as wheels look lost will 20mm be ok on the rear? Also I have the apr dv r1 and makes a honk moo sound on partial throttle really annoying but holds boost well any ideas, it's like it's slightly open on partial throttle may change for 007p ?
The coilovers are spot on I have had weitec before and kw and they are identical to the kw v1 basics apart from colour, slightly stiffer than standard but hardly noticeable and the car is so much more planted defo worth it . For price and quality best out there. I've had fks and some other cheap makes in the past and there always a let down clunks banks rattles but these don't do any of that.
Give awesome gti a ring they will do you a good deal and fit and align for £150.

Nice, them seats not a pain to keep clean? Seem some rotten alcantara centres on some s3s

Looks nice mate. How low is that? How does it sound with the cone filter?

Cool car and looks in good shape lowered
would advise using a large jublee clip to hold the TIP to cone instead of a cable tie, makes for a better seal.
Keep it going!

Cool car and looks in good shape lowered
would advise using a large jublee clip to hold the TIP to cone instead of a cable tie, makes for a better seal.
Keep it going!
Thanks LOL I bust the jubilee clip when fitting it over tightened it lol so cable tie was emergency option need to go get a new clip really ;-)

Looks nice mate. How low is that? How does it sound with the cone filter?
Sounds good with the cone nice spool sound and roar and dump sound not too loud though , not sure how low just wound down till I was happy may go lower lol especially on the back