Maybe another slight engine tweak...

Congrats mate bet your a happy man 

Will maybe have to come for a passenger ride next time I see you 

That looks pretty Nuts Wellyboots!

Does it feel laggy at all? obviously the delivery has moved fairly high up in the rev range, must be epic to drive!

did it require much tweaking of the map? Much quicker than the PE?

welly-lee-stacey-tuffty-comp.jpg

DynoIT%20-%20welly-lee-stacey-tuffty.jpg

Looks like I need to pull my finger out and get mine sorted lol... we can go out destroying the hopes and dreams of beemer/scooby drivers off the lights around Gloucestershire together... :D

(...and maybe the odd fwd A3 too... LMAO!! ;P love you guys...)

<tuffty/>

Looks like I need to pull my finger out and get mine sorted lol... we can go out destroying the hopes and dreams of beemer/scooby drivers off the lights around Gloucestershire together... :D

<tuffty/>

dont forget me :)

Is there any reason why wellys is losing a lot less power between the fly and the wheels? The other cars are losing about 17% but wellys only about 10%?

Last edited:
Tyre compound/brand, tyre pressure/temperature, transmission temperature, transmission wear, brake drag and a whole host of other variables can affect it.

This is why a GOOD dyno does the coast down, and **** ones spit out the wheel figure and leave it at that.

Granted there are quite a few factors, I just didn't expect such a difference between them. I wonder how many people make sure their tyre pressures are all correct before doing a power run.

Last edited:
That looks pretty Nuts Wellyboots!

Does it feel laggy at all? obviously the delivery has moved fairly high up in the rev range, must be epic to drive!

did it require much tweaking of the map? Much quicker than the PE?

Yes mate, it is a bit on the laggy side I must admit, BUT (surprisingly) it's not worse than the PE1820 really to be fair. The power is like an explosion when it arrives.... although ability to pull up hills in 5th/6th is long gone....

No map tweaks, again surprisingly, just a bit of extra boost to bring the fuelling into line. Could run more boost than the 26PSI that it's running now, could also bang more timing in as it's only pulling 3's. But where's the point in tuning it to the max? This is plenty - the thing is a weapon.

As for is it quicker than the PE? It's amazing what another ~40 BHP does. I remember thinking the same thing last time going from the hybrid to the PE1820.

<tuffty/>

Now THAT sounds like fun. Don't let Bill come in the Lupo tough or else our hopes and dreams will be being destroyed.... :thumbsup:

...although ability to pull up hills in 5th/6th is long gone....

Obviously you need to go faster up hils then... :D
Now THAT sounds like fun. Don't let Bill come in the Lupo tough or else our hopes and dreams will be being destroyed.... :thumbsup:

I think his plan is to bring the Ibiza... the Lupo is left for during the day so everyone can see the humiliation ;P

<tuffty/>

Im totally buying it when he's done with it

the lupo that is, just the thought of the ibiza scares me

Got to admit, everytime I see a big turbo kit in the classifieds, then I look at my bank balance and sulk! :sob:

Should have pushed for sponsorship and called it 'Big Turbovember.' :racer:

Is there any reason why wellys is losing a lot less power between the fly and the wheels? The other cars are losing about 17% but wellys only about 10%?

his tyres are wooden... (****** to heat up to get to stick to the dyno) and I run his in 4th now as his higher rev limiter in 5th max's my roller speed bearing ratings (250kph) - thats why its different. Being as it does coastdown, it makes no odds to overall @ fly figure

As for is it quicker than the PE? It's amazing what another ~40 BHP does. I remember thinking the same thing last time going from the hybrid to the PE1820.

So what's next week's turbo going to be now then!?! Or are you going to stick with this one for a whole month haha

doesn't Bill have an old GT35 lying around from the Badger wagon following the new one for it's current build>?

doesn't Bill have an old GT35 lying around from the Badger wagon following the new one for it's current build>?

Lolz.... I think thats destined as a spare or a certain Pop drag car ;P

<tuffty/>

Shame, Welly might actually have to pay full price for his next turbo then, rather than getting hand me downs from Bills back catalogue!

Still, i can't exactly talk for getting ex B5 associated gear :p

Shame, Welly might actually have to pay full price for his next turbo then, rather than getting hand me downs from Bills back catalogue!

Still, i can't exactly talk for getting ex B5 associated gear :p

Its the way forward ;)