Anyone claimed on the 10 year anti corrosion warranty?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject has anyone made a claim on the 10 year anti corrosion warranty?

Just wondering as I had my car at Audi yesterday and on the ramps for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif checking the suspension, and I got the guy to have a look at some rust forming on the bottom of my door and apparently I should be able to get it sorted for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Markb,

I had some rust forming on my drivers door from under the plastic trim. Took the car to Audi who pointed me to their spray shop at the Skoda Dealers. They looked at it, sent the claim off and within a few days Audi gave them the go ahead. New Door skin, and trim, and a valet to boot.!

BTW, i have a 99 imported S3, which i thought may have used as a "sorry son, its not a UK car" excuse

I think if the rust hasn't been the result of a stone chip then you should have a good case.

There has a been a thread about the corrosion warranty over the last few weeks, try a search.

Should be a claim on the cards then.

It was an independent body shop that told me to try and claim.. basically he told me that what happens is, the rivets that hold the trim on can hold water around the rivet and the hole in the door skin.. this then starts bubbling up. Mine wasn't showing rust but bubbling paint. It was probaby the size of a 5p.

Good luck matey.

Only thing is, tell them you want complete new trim on that side of the car. If they only put trim on the door its a different shade to the adjoining trim.

I've had the rust at the bottom of the doors on BOTH sides!!! Audi warrantied the first claim but initially refused on the second claim. After a fight they agreed to pay for the work to be done as 'good will gesture'!!!

Anyway, my take is that the bolt that holds the door trim on causes the rust - two steel surfaces against one another and corrosion passes from the bolt onto the door and goes from there.........least this seems to have been the case on both doors.

I've steel replaced the bolts with plastic bolts

I've heard of plenty of people (even with the same exact problem) being refused warranty.....

try this post quite a bit of feedback here

Paint Bubblin and Rust!!!
#152718 - 15:04 17/02/2005