Which mods give the most to least hp increase over stock?

SiGainey

Reaction score
Think this could be a useful thread for newbies who are after more power from their engines... I think it's generally agreed that a remap is the cheapest and largest gain to be had but what's next after that?

1. Remap (£250 and ~40hp)
2. Badger 5 3" TIP? (£150 and 20hp?)
3. 3" downpipe? (£300 and 10hp?)
... anyone got any experience on this? Feel free to correct the list :)

FMIC isn't a mod which immediately springs to mind when thinking BHP figures, but when I went Stg 2 on my BHZ engine the FMIC helped retain far more of the headline figures as heatsoak was significantly reduced. Was about £650, but it's hard to put a BHP figure on it as it effectly 'keeps' bhp rather than making addtional headline BHP.

Last edited:
I'd definitely agree that a remap is the best 'bang for buck' if you're after BHP gains but also to think about for new modders is driveability because a bad map can screw up how the car drives. In this vain, coilies and brake upgrades will aid the driveability of the car and should be considered when modding the engine. IMO anyway... (and yes that is a very basic explanation!)

Good thread, maybe stating all the mods in one place will help. Not many mods increase bhp but as stated it all helps maintain bhp. Like replacing all your boost n vac pipes for silicone, and uprated dv, silicone tip and so on as you will end up with boost leaks. Id say uprating your clutch and flywheel cant go a miss either. Then pop a map on and away you go at 100mph :)

I was thinking along the lines of anything which would improve HP and / or torque over standard. FMIC and WMI kinda work but they don't give you more power as such like you say, so would be £300 for 2hp??? Yes, they are needed at a certain point tho :) To carry on my own list...

4. Catback exhaust (£300 and 5hp?)
5. 4 bar FPR (£50 and 0hp)
6. Performance air filter (10hp and £50?)
7. Hybrid turbo (50hp+ and £1,000+?)
8. FMIC (2hp and £300?)

Badger 5 Tip is on a par with a remap in my book just because of the change in drive-ability and torque delivery, its not all about ze figures ;)

Badger 5 Tip is on a par with a remap in my book just because of the change in drive-ability and torque delivery, its not all about ze figures ;)

Especially when you get a NIB v1 from the classifieds for a good price (oooh, can't wait to fit it). :yes:

you may like what I am working on now too.... which is an add on to the already nice working larger TIP

;)

teaser...... hehe

teasing like that is just cruel, my mind is gonna be helplessly guessing for weeks to come now

Hi can some 1 send me a the link for a BADGER 5 THANKS

lines of anything which would improve HP and / or torque over standard. FMIC and WMI kinda work but they don't give you more power as such like you say, so would be £300 for 2hp??? Yes, they are needed at a certain point tho :) To carry on my own list...

4. Catback exhaust (£300 and 5hp?)
5. 4 bar FPR (£50 and 0hp)
6. Performance air filter (10hp and £50?)
7. Hybrid turbo (50hp+ and £1,000+?)
8. FMIC (2hp and £300?)[/QUOTE]

Will you make me one please ;) well two actually...

you may like what I am working on now too.... which is an add on to the already nice working larger TIP

;)

teaser...... hehe

I was going to go ahead and purchase your most recent tip, but if I decided to wait for this new one, should I expect a long wait? :D