Bose/Concert and iPhone/iPod

Mr.G

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering what you all do to connect/play/use your iPhone/iPod to your head unit. What's the best way to go around wiring it in? Is that even possible?

I currently use a silly Belkin, radio (fm) cigarette plugin jobbie, but it's rubbish.

Thanks in adv...

G

XcCarlink with Bluetooth and fluffy dice.

Have a quick look on eBay, there are plenty to choose from - from Dension at the top end to generic stuff from the far east. I've got a generic one - can't remember the name - but was about £50 from memory.

They all ultimately do the same thing - plug into the CD changer input in the back of the stereo and then allow you to plug in your iPod which acts as a pseudo CD changer.

I looked into this. Xcarlink seemed the best as you can keep the CD changer too! All the others seem to replace it completely.

What about a parrot 9200, bit more cash but seems like a good piece of kit if you want to keep oe look, have a play in halfrauds

I never knew this stuff existed.. On my wishlist...

That 9200 PArrot looks pretty good, get the ipod screen up, as im worried about trying to fiddle with the ipod when driving.

The Xcarlink looks good, is it hard to fit?

It also mentions the cd changer controls etc, will it work with the standard Audi Concert stereo in my 99 A3 as it only has a tape deck?

Just fitted a Xcarlink in my A4, it took about half an hour to fit. Really easy to fit and use. You should have the plug for a CD changer despite only having a tape player.

Yeah it'll work, mount the box which you plug the cables into somewhere where you can access it easily as sometimes the wires come out of the ports and things stop functioning.

I have the Dension icelink in mine & paid extra for the unit to mintain use of the cd changer.

The Icelink is great, allowing me to control the ipod using the radio, but the add on i found a waste of money as i only ever use the ipod now...