is it just paranoia ?

coatesy

poking badgers with spoons
Reaction score
so i fitted my fmic on friday what a **** on getting the bumper back on so iv bought some extra silicone pipes and bits to to make it go behind my new bumper half i bought anyway when i tested the car it wasn't boosting right so i checked every thing and there was that one clamp that wasn't tight enough and the n75 had blew a pipe off so i fixed these pronto.

sooo my real beef is the car doesnt feel quite the same or does it lol how can i do a test or anything to prove to my self theres nothing wrong or maybe there is something wrong. everything is plugged in and tightened up it just feels a little draggy in lower gears if anybody gets what i mean but last night when cruising in 5th doing 70 i give the go pedal a poke and it just pulled like the car hasn't pulled before so this is where im getting the is there anything wrong or not from.

sorry for my long winded life story :p i can waffle on for ages :D

Fmic will keep the engine cool not produce more power,just saying

A bit of punctuation is always good Coatesy, makes it much easy to read :)

I think logging with VCDS is all you can do to see if you still have a boost leak in the system. Worth getting someone who knows what they are doing to monitor and help with the logs to ensure you can quickly pinpoint any issues. If you have a leak it can cause boost spikes depending where it is, on my old Leon I was getting 26psi spikes due to a cut in the DV hose caused by an overtighteed jubilee clip.

i know what the fmic does and it gains no power but the smic that i had on the car was useless it just fell to bits when i took it off and plus a cooler engine runs better than a hot engine ....

nice one warren ill find somebody local to do some logging for me, im a dunce with vag com.

haha my punctuation and righting is pants because im dyslexic plus abit of a spaz lol :p

nice one warren ill find somebody local to do some logging for me, im a dunce with vag com.

It is harder than it looks as you need to ensure you do full load runs etc. I ended up having to take mine to Revo.

haha my punctuation and righting is pants because im dyslexic plus abit of a spaz lol :p

Fair do's mate; I don't even have dyslexia as an excuse for being a spaz, just the way I was born! :jump:

Never used a free one, so not sure what they can do. I got mine from Nige NHN, and it can do all the stuff, the hard part is making it do it.

Check out THIS link for some info on detailed logging on VCDS.

i know someone who can do some logs for ya mate.... Anything for a fellow Teesider