How do you get the nearside rear light bracket out?

Taff D

Reaction score
Hi I've tried to change nearside brake bulb but can't get the bracket out. There seems to be a plate in the way. Am I doing something stupid or should I remove the plate? I assume the big box underneath is an amp! Is it? Why so big?

Taff

Ps it's a 2001

c1238431-d72d-406f.jpg

Does it look like that?
If so where the black connector is there 2 grey things either side of that press them in it should pop off the grey panel sits inside the red bit.
Don't no what the other thing is it's not a amp thoe I don't think.

Cheers Wayne. Thanks mate. I've done the off side but the n/s bulb holder bangs against a plate which sits above a big box, which I'm assuming in an amp. Not enough room for the bulb holder to move out as the bulbs don't clear the red bit!

Just looked at mine now it's a bit tight but does come out I've no black box amp thingy on that side thoe just the wheel arch.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/1285624-IMG_1540(Small).JPG
The black box is a subwoofer for the stereo. The plate might be a part of the cd changer holding bracket I think. It does come out as it is but it's a bit tight. You have to press the clips as above but tilt the bulb holder so that you are pulling the bottom edge of it away first.

Last edited: