anyone had this problem?

S3tony

Reaction score
driving along last night when my dis tells me that my boot is open, obviously stopped asap and checked but it was shut, opened it closed it and it went away.strange. anyone else suffered this problem?

cheers tony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

From experience this is due to the rear wash wipe leaking inside the hatch. It leaks onto the latch mechanism and causes a couple of problems namely that of the alarm playing up...

I found out tonight that my rear wash wipe has totally gone and the water just pumps inside the hatch, need to get it sorted asap before things start playing up/rotting....

cheers stewart, damn it more money, does it ever end? it was the first time its happenend so ill see if it does it again 1st, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Actually, this shouldnt cost you any money, well maybe a couple of quid!

If you search on www.uk-mkivs.net for something along the lines of 'leaking rear wash wipe' then you will find a link to one of the users web site with a how-to on how to fix it.

I think from memory the fix is simply to buy some washer jet hose, a t-piece and some jublilee clips, oh and i seem to remember soldering a small piece of copper pipe as well...

cheers guys, most appreciated, i remeber that thread actually looked good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif