New Wheels! But i dont like them! :(

• Thread starter imported_Stewart
  • Start date
I

imported_Stewart

Well, not new, they are the ones I first fitted to my Golf a couple of years ago. Put them on the S3 today but dont think they look good, what do you guys think?

Click on the 'clicky' link below /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

am i meant to c a pic of the s3 with the wheels on, as they are all of the golf..

Imo they dont do the car any favours mate.

Maybe it's because the spokes are too thin to suit the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

bit of an each to there own,

my choice in wheels ain't great i'm on the look for some good ones

Snoop, do a CTRL+F5, you might be looking at a cached version of the page...

i think they look better than standard and i'm sure when you are moving a set or brembo (or painted red :) calipers would look nice behind them.

(and yeh you'll need to do a refresh as i had a cached page too)

Well i'm gonna get shot now but.....why did you get rid of the Golf? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

However, back to the wheels, i think they look OK, they don't shout WOW at you but look very nice all the same. I don't think they look out of place on the Audi...

Ade

Not quite right..bet there light if there oz super-t's.

Well, kind of echoing my first reaction, they really dont do it any favours do they?

Got rid of the Golf m8 cos I was on the verge of an IHI conversion and really wanted 4WD so rather than converting the Golf, thought it was better to start with a chassis capable of handling the extra power...Also the bottom end is stronger on the S3/TT...

Back to the wheels, I quite fancy the 19" RS4 reps but everybody seems to have these...

Any other ideas?

i quite like the wheels, but i think they look a little small. what size are they?

They are actually 18's! They do look small don't they?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They are actually 18's! They do look small don't they?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they do, i am suprised! might look better if your car was lower then?

Well its being lowered tomorrow on Koni coilovers so I'll post pics tomorrow night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's if I aint killed myself after having it REVO'd! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm not too keen neither, time for a new set of wheels my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DSCF1348_600.jpg

LOL! Not a Ford Fungus! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I actually got them for the Golf at the time when you couldnt get the OZ Aristo's (R32 wheels) as they were the nearest thing to them...

Yep, mind made up, ill keep them on for a short while till a) I make my mind up on what to replace them with and b) when i can afford something else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think they are bad at all. Fair enough there are better rims out there but in the meantime i would just keep them on. I think they look better than the standard wheels. Will look better slammed.

Ok, lets all reserve more judgement till tomorrow night when it will have 15mm spacers on the rear, 8mm on the front and no daylight under the arches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Don't like those wheels, look like they belong on a Nova SI, Hard to believe they look so good on a R32! still each to there own.

As for the group buy, all the reps from Italy are sh_it quallity IIR correctly?

Its interesting how certain cars require certain wheel styles, and this is a perfect example.

Those wheels look just about perfect on an R32 golf. The S3 is almost the same car underneath, yet they just don't work.

It may be to do with the stance/offset etc, but for what ever reason, I agree that you could do better.

So far my favourits wheels on the S3 are BBS LM's.

Which ones are the LM's? The ones with the slight dish? If they are, i like them but dont like the way the recess for the bolts look like they have a cover missing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its interesting how certain cars require certain wheel styles, and this is a perfect example.

Those wheels look just about perfect on an R32 golf. The S3 is almost the same car underneath, yet they just don't work.

I agree those wheels look totally different on the R32 and suit it well but on the s3 am i right in saying that the arches are slightly wider and so make em look smaller.......how bout some euro style deep dish?

[ QUOTE ]
i like them but dont like the way the recess for the bolts look like they have a cover missing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. There's just something about them that grabs me. Call it the "X" factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, couldn't find a pic of them on an S3. But these should do.
BBS LMs

Yes they are the ones i was thinking of, i DO like them apart from the center bit, looks like a cover with big nut ala touring car style would really finish those off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm thinking about some good old Azev C's with a nice dish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif