EM TuningSky Insurance
    TDI
    1st Gear

Status

Braking Issue Please help

I've had this problem for a few months now. When I brake my steering wheel shakes a fair bit from 60MPH down to 40MPH after which it softens up. I've had the wheels balanced and replaced the discs and pads twice, thinking that the previous discs were to blame or that the pads were too hard for the discs. Now on my second set of discs and new pads and 1000 miles into them the shaking has started again. Anyone had this issue before, i'm desperate to sort this out. Took it to local garage but no joy, they didn't see anything wrong. Just had a mot, so i think all bushes underneath are ok. Any help would be a god send!

Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: Braking Issue Please help

It sounds very much like warped discs, but if you've had them changed im at a bit of a loss. Are any of the pads binding on after braking? You might get a pad sticking on if the pistons are corroded. You can check tis by seeing how well the car coasts after braking and by feeling the relative disc temps after driving.

S3 Drift King!

Status

I had this problem a while back on my S3, turned out to be the bushes on the lower track arms up front, they didn't look knackered, but a little levering with a screwdriver showed that they were well worn, maybe worth a butchers.

TDI
    1st Gear

Status

Cheers guys. I think I might get the garage to change to bushes and see if that makes a difference.