Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi Service (cabin filter help?)

mcglynn

Reaction score
Hello all, new guy here, been browsing for a wee while gathering information but haven't yet felt the need to post, until now of course :)

Serviced a friends audi a3 the other day, just the usual oil & filter, air filter and of course the cabin filter (the part i have an issue with).

Is there any guide's on here indicating where it is, or how to do it, the rest was relatively easy but i'm staggered and can't find the pollen / cabin filter?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

open bonnet, on right hand side,right at the back towards the wipers, under plastic cover...
( someone will correct me if i'm wrong).

thanks, if the seal has gone what measure have to be taken? the panel (if it's the same one your talking about) comes off dead easy and has to be pushed towards the windscreen quite often on the drivers side? Thanks again!

Another thing, its a 2001 1.9tdi, 110bhp, with 189k miles, and i was told in my local motor factors to use 10w40 part synthetic oil due to the high mileage, is this correct as it was filled with castrol magnatec 10w40 part synthetic.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Hi, I've got the same 110tdi with 140k on it. I changed to 5w40 Quantum Platinum synthetic from the dealers because it was a good price and the engine seems to like it. Needs about 100ml in between changes at 6k miles which is pretty good. The scuttle panel popping up is a standard feature on the older cars it seems. I slid a piece of plastic sheet up in between the metal supporting the bottom of the windscreen and the soundproofing sheet which is clipped onto it, and then cut it to shape the metal lip where the rubber sealing strip sits over the edge of the scuttle panel on the bulkhead. It's also worth sealing round the base of the pollen filter housing if there are any interior leaks.

Check if it's a PD they need oil that meets certain specifications.

i think the pd engines were a bit younger, the 2001 isnt pd as far as i know :) i got the cabin filter fitted, the only thing is, the system makes a lot more noise/vibrations now.. it's odd but the old filter looked like it had never been changed so i wouldnt be surpriesed if the increased vibrations or noise is due to the increased air flow through the filter?