wing mirror - shorter passenger mirror

whothafunk

Reaction score
as you all probably know, pre-facelift models were all fitted with the shorter wing mirror on the passenger side (still dont know why they did such a moronic thing).

i would like to fit a "normal" one, like the one on the driver's side. mind you, in my country, we drive on the right side of the road, meaning drivers sit on the left side of the car, ergo i need a right side wing mirror. now, 2 questions:

1.) does anyone know where i could get the opposite side mirror with the normal length? it also needs to be in the right color (it seems like it is quite rare, sort of cactus green)

2.) is it even possible to swap it and are there any DIY on how its done?

thank you in advance

They where the same size on both sides in the UK

P5090200.jpg

wow, strange. at least here in our country, every audi (a3-a8) up to year 2000 had a shorter wing mirror on passenger side. some examples

3011540002_large.jpg

430004_m0.jpg

2901909o.jpg

vw do this a lot, japan get two small mirrors on some vw models , all you need is a uk drivers mirror off ebay that would be full size on your passenger door

now i think about it my mates ibiza had a small mirror on the near side he wanted a matching small one for the drivers side some lupo's have small and small , something to do with being city cars

Rob

Very strange, looks rediculous to me. Can't blame you for wanting a normal sized one.