Herberts at kwik-fit

I

imported_Nigma

Just had kwik-fit replace my front two tyres. Paid up and checked the work. The muppets had put the tyres the wrong way on )tread going the wrong way). Luckily it was just a case of swapping them over.
But it makes you think, how many other cars they have made the same mistake on. I bet most people that use kwik-fit havn't a clue about cars and which way tyres should be.

Anand

thats pretty poor. i hope you made the tyre fitter feel a fool. muppets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

"i hope you made the tyre fitter feel a fool"

Kind of made it clear to pretty much everyone who was working there and customers that he mesed up. WAHAAAHAHA (evil laugh)

kiwk fit are sh!t in general, bar the main one in warrington near VW and the hopsital (had to get that in as they did a good service)
went a different one in warrington with a 1.8 mondeo to get the manifold gasket changed, they assumed that with me being only 18/19 at the time that it must have been a 1.6. they fitted the wrong gasket so i told them. they then broke a different gasket trying to take the old one off, which came after a 3 hour wait. so after a lot of faffing about the car was back to the original broken state. So had to go back next day to get the manifold gasket changed.
So all in all you can't get sh!tter than a kwiksh!t fitter.

I had them fit some brake pads for me, The twits fitted the wrong size,
So now i get a clonking sound everytime i brake,
Grrrrr barstewards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

i went in with suspected warped front disks on my first car (polo). they put a dial gauge on (which could have been any scale!) and showed that it was indeed warped, or picked up the variations in the milling!
So the blagged my for new brakes all round. Then the wheel bearings went within a week as the t!ts hadn't done it properly.

I can't take it out on the workers, it is the managements fault. They obviously aren't training them enough, don't care about the reputation as people will bound to go there at some point or aren't offering any incentive to do the job.