concert stereo replacement

egesford

Reaction score
i have a 2001 tdi 110 with a concert audio system, im not sure if its the bose one or not, but it has the active speakers.
Whats the easiest way to fit an aftermarket stereo as is been a right **** ache tryin to find a wiring kit or another solution, cheers

Easiest option is to fit a Blaupunkt or Becker unit, as they use the same non standard connectors, so no wiring adapters are needed.
All Audi's have at least rear active speakers, so you need to check whether you have active fronts, see if there is a brown speaker harness plugged into the HU. If there is then you have non Bose with active rears and if you don't then you have full Bose.
Other than that then you will need a PC9-410 adapter to allow feeding the pre-outs from the new HU to the Bose or rear amp.
You will also need an ISO antenna amp adapter and a fascia plate

I'd quite like a Becker in mine, but they stopped making headunits sometime ago and there is a huge premium on decent second hand ones driven primarily by Porsche owners wanting OEM headunit replacements.

Egesford, if you do replace your head unit i'd happily buy your old OEM one off you, pm me if your interested.

Dan