Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Odd knocking issue

The issue I'm having with the car, is, when idling upon initial cold start up the engine knocks, which appears to be coming from the bottom end (So I'm assuming low oil pressure related issues =/ ) once the car is up to temp the knocking is gone, but when in the car initally, vibrations can be felt through the cabin. I'm unsure what issue this relates to exactly, as there doesnt appear to be any loss in performance or power at the moment, but I know obviously that this issue needs to be corrected as it will probably cause long term damage. The car is going in for full service saturday but I have little faith that a service will correct the knocking issue. I'm thinking dodgy oil pump or along those lines.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Sounds like engine mounts, open the bonnet and if it's an AGU pull the throttle yourself otherwise have somebody press on and off the accelerator. Look for excessive rocking backward and forwards.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers mate, could quite possibly be the issue, this would relate to the knock heard, when any hard launch's or hard braking is invovled a knock is heard which sounded mount related. I'll have the mech look over the car Saturday. I'm hoping its mount related and not my big end bearing =(

Smell my finger.

Status
    Have a look at the dog bone mount on the bottom of the engine. My car was doing it too and when the clutch was changed the broken dog bone mount was found. Stuck a new one in and it solved it.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    Sounds like the dual mass flywheel. try putting your foot down on the pedal and see if it stops