Need quick answer.. APR or REVO

• Thread starter imported_Stewart
  • Start date
I

imported_Stewart

Im just about to drive down to get the S3 chipped but what should i go for?

REVO certainly gives the numbers but ive been told that the APR map is much smoother (REVO apparently ramps up the boost quite fast?)

They are same price so very unsure...

I have had both in my car and APR was very good and I would say is smoother as they use less boost but REVO is adjustable with SPS3 so can be as smooth or hard as you like...

APR switching via the cruise control is a neat feature.

TBH I would pick the one nearest to you so if you have issues you have somewhere you can visit.

I have been running REVO for over two years now and as a stage 1 switchable remap you cant go wrong with either.

Dunc

Cheers Dunc, well its APR at Awesome or REVO at Dubsport so same distance really...

There are second hand SPS3 controllers around so might be influenced by that...

On APR you get various modes like 98RON, Valet mode etc, I take it you can duplicate these with the SPS3?

Does the REVO map have be loaded with SPS3 functionality or can i just plug an SPS3 in later ?

Cheers

Yes, Revo has the same concept different maps/settings for different fuels, anti theft etc.

And yes, you can just plug in a SPS later to adjust your settings.

Dunc

Thanks for that Dunc, looks like REVO is the winner then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just spoke to Barry at Dubsport and im provisionally looking at Koni coilovers, Miltek cat back, REVO and a DV on Tuesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif