Indicator Problem

pazaz

Reaction score
My Indicator has started playing up. After I switched it off earlier it kept ticking as if it was still on (only faster than normal) but it wasnt flashing on the DIS.

Now it seems to be doing it when ever it feels like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif. I hope my indictors are not flashing as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anybody experianced this before?

Thanx in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sounds like the indicator relay is on the way out or you have a bad earth on one of the bulbs. Either way it is a simple fix. Any auto-electrician can sort it out.

Indcator relay (hazard light switch) is a common problem, could be that.

[ QUOTE ]
Indcator relay (hazard light switch) is a common problem, could be that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its happening all the time now and the noise is coming from behind the hazard warning switch, so I think you may be correct LeeW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

How do I go about Fixing it?

Anybody know how I take the Piano trim off around the hazard switch to have a look?

Cheers

Thats spot on cheers LeeW, thats all I need now is how to take the sterio out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This forum is the Mutz Nutz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

thats the easy bit lol
well kind off

i managed to replace my relay with out causing damage to either the car or myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

read on here you can use a junior hack saw blade to fit in the slots instead of buying the proper tools to remove radio and it worked for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif