What are N80 and N75's?

Kaibo

Reaction score
Keep seeing people say about removing these but for some reason the search facility on here doesn't like searching 3 characters, if anyone could be so kind as to say what they are, where they are and reasons to remove.
And if anyone wants to add a list of abbreviations, that could be a possible sticky in itself, unless it's been done and I've missed it.

Cheers Kai

the N75 is the valve that controls the actuator and subsequently boost, you shouldnt remove this unless you are replacing it with something else. Although i think if it is removed or if it fails then your car just runs on acctuator boost level so its still safe

I dont know what the N80 is but I think I saw it mentioned in the Evap canister removal thread

The N75 as above controls boost, this isnt typically removed.

The N80 controls the tank vent line. Removing it is more about tidying up the engine bay than any functional reason.

n80 must remain connected electrically for adaption to function.. purge valve for fuel tank venting
n75 controls the boost via ecu control, leave it alone

n249 controls dump valve, n112 controls SAI (secondary air injection) on models which have it..
all these solenoids should be present electrically to allow the ecu to run its adaptions on fueling..

Bill what is the purge valve and how easy to replace. The reason I ask is my cousins b5 a4 1.8tqs has been playing up of late with it almost spluttering intermittently and this is the fault that came up. I'd never heard of it before.

Bill what is the purge valve and how easy to replace. The reason I ask is my cousins b5 a4 1.8tqs has been playing up of late with it almost spluttering intermittently and this is the fault that came up. I'd never heard of it before.
purge vent from fuel tank... vent.. aka n80
what exactly was the faultcode you saw? - "incorrect flow detected....?"

purge vent from fuel tank... vent.. aka n80
what exactly was the faultcode you saw? - "incorrect flow detected....?"

Bill i've got rid of my evap stuff, N80 is still connected but i'm getting 'incorrect flow detected', does this need mapping out?