mtm replicas weres the cheepest place for 19 inc tyres

I

imported_bmx

were can i find some mtm bimoto replica wheels and tyres in 19's with tyres cheepest?

[ QUOTE ]
im looking for some that look neerer to the bimoto ones than that really. they look more like rs4 without a centre cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you there, there was a post quite a while ago about this. There was a company that did better ones, (could have been performancealloys.com????). If you find any, post the link up as I much prefer them to the RS4's, mainly because they're a bit different. Was at QST this week, and parked next to an S3 exactly the same colour as mine but with the Bi-motos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

On the list, but prioritised after remap and suspension.
There was a link with a pic of an S3 with the reps on as well.

Try this.http://www.performancealloys.com/details.asp?procedure=wheel&id_wheels='007'&id_wheels_manufacturers='PA%20Racing'&id_wheels_sizes='19x8'&price='154'&permission=531028256

Sorry about the size of this. They are the closest to the bimotos I've seen. Grooves go all the way round the apeture.

Chris.

They are terrible, they aren't accurate enough for me and £516 without tyres is a joke for heavy poor quality reps!

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't accurate enough ? Only difference I can see is the MTM sign on the spoke. Probably find that they are made in the same foundry as MTMs. Exclusivity contract has probably expired. Good enough for me.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't seen the MTM's properly have you?

The centre section where the mtm's bolt-up is dished (concaved) like a cereal bowl, which the blot holes being deeper on the outside edge. The studs/bolts mount through the concaved section.

The replicas have the bolt-up section and bolt holes mounted in a flat section as the centre portion is not concaved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. They are not the same and are immediately recognisable as replicas. Close enough for some though

See what you mean. Bit of a price difference though. See MTMs on ebay.de quite regularly now.

Chris.

The original MTM's are beautiful but yeah, they are way too expensive!

Bit of a trade off. Hadn't really noticed that until you said.

Chris.

To be honest, I can't see much difference between the ones from Leigh tyres and MTM, although they do look somehow "different". Would like to see them on an S3 though, I love the MTM's, but 19's are too big and the price is just silly (for me anyway). The ones that rochford have look awful in my opinion.

anys pics of the ones from leigh tyres ???

ok found them on ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

@Nervus, have a look at the ones from Leigh Tyres on ebay(r007). The flat section visible on the PA wheels isn't so pronounced. There, but not as much.
What do you think ?

Chris.

@ s3bow,

Those are much much better. It was the flat machined centre section in the others which gave them away, Little grey mtm stickers on one of the spokes and it would be hard to tell the difference at a glance. I wonder what the weight difference is between those and originals? Im tempted