Badger5JMB Retrofits
    HTC
    6th Gear

Status

Choose my new rear lights.

I have a cracked rear light, and its MOT time soon, so I'd better get a new light. Question is, do I use this opertunity to change the style of the rear light?
    I currently have pre face-lift lights on the back of me A3.

So do I stick with,

Go for,

Or perhaps try these from FK Automotive?

Whadaya guys think??

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Choose my new rear lights.

Easy choice that - Face-lift lights - No question.

Ade

1st Gear

Status

What colours your car mate? Yellow? I'd go with the second option personally

Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

Status

I'm going to buck the trend and say if it's not a facelift car, why put facelift lights on it? If it was me I'd save myself the cost of one light and stick with the pre-facelift ones.

Sounds like you've already made your mind up though!

2nd Gear

Status

On my purpleish car, the pre facelift go well as they are a similar colour to the bodywork - I prefer that to having large white lenses that would stand out more.
    I agree that on the yellow, the facelift work well as the white lenses match the yellow better than the originals

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm going to buck the trend and say if it's not a facelift car, why put facelift lights on it? If it was me I'd save myself the cost of one light and stick with the pre-facelift ones.

Sounds like you've already made your mind up though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion is as valid as everyones elses. I was originally going to just replace the broken light and be done with it, but then I started noticing the newer lights on later a3 etc.

Last night I parked my car next to my workmates S3 and stood staring at both cars for a while.
    For some reason the face lift lights somehow update the rear of the car. I think is something to do with the strong straight lines of them, which is how newer audis look. The older lights are much more rounded (which do match the round lines of an a3 yet seem to date the car).
    I imagine that the designers brief was to update the look of the rear with the lights, which I think he/she has achieved well.

I think I would have gone for the FK's if they didn't have the white square in the red part. Would have been a nice clean "M3" look.

As for money, I got a bonus this month...yay!

Markb, do you need obtain a newer bulb holder, or can the original be used?

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

Last night I parked my car next to my workmates S3 and stood staring at both cars for a while.
    For some reason the face lift lights somehow update the rear of the car. I think is something to do with the strong straight lines of them, which is how newer audis look. The older lights are much more rounded (which do match the round lines of an a3 yet seem to date the car).
    I imagine that the designers brief was to update the look of the rear with the lights, which I think he/she has achieved well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably agree there mate. The lines and 'chunkiness' of them make it look like they are styled for a reason, not just 'a set of lights' like the pre facelifts have.

I sometimes see a really sweet golf with RS6 wheels and phat (yes with a PH) rear lights, they look really nice.

Have a look here for some more pics, you may be able to initiate a group buy if peeps are interested?

They WILL tidy up your car, bot bad for a little mod [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    web

Good stuff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rob

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

Markb, do you need obtain a newer bulb holder, or can the original be used?

[/ QUOTE ]

No the original holders were retained. Just needed to get some coloured bulbs due to the clear part of the lense.