MPG after remap

I

imported_Nigma

Hi,
What kind of drop in MPG can i expect after say a Revo remap in my 1.8T S? Keeping everything else in the car as standard.

Thanks Anand

most people have reported no effect...and some even an increase! this is info i've read off the site as my insurance company arent up for mods,

Driven hard, the MPG will be worse. Driven normally it will be very similar.

On average you wont notice much difference.

I used to average about 28 mpg. Post AMD i now average about 24/25 mpg.

Thats good to know. I do a 110 mile round trip commute to work every day. So thought i better make sure i wont be paying much more after a remap.
Nearly all of the trip is on a motorway and at a constant speed, so by the sounds of it, i wont be paying much more.

Cheers All,

Anand

After my remap fuel consumption rose very slightly according to the DIS. Over 24k miles on the standard map DIS showed 32mpg, the following 6k miles DIS showed 31.8mpg. Nearly all these miles (post remap) were on longish (M40 motorway) commutes to work (200 mile round trip). The car has only been run on Optimax fwiw.

Gotta say I'm pretty pleased with the economy since the remap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ed

Averaging 28mpg on the DIS afer Revo re-map. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

"why have it Revo'd in the first place, just buy an oil burner.

Go enjoy the drive and sod the mpg.
"

Its a fair point, but can't really "sod" the mpg when im doing 100+miles per day. What im really after is something that won't significantly affect mpg for long distance motorway driving but still have the power when i need it.

[ QUOTE ]
"why have it Revo'd in the first place, just buy an oil burner.

Go enjoy the drive and sod the mpg.
"

Its a fair point, but can't really "sod" the mpg when im doing 100+miles per day. What im really after is something that won't significantly affect mpg for long distance motorway driving but still have the power when i need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you don't want to rev teh **** off it all the time!

With my REVO chip on my S3 i'm averaging about 18-19 mpg on optimax. Drive it like its stolen. he he

I have the AMD remap on my 1.8TQ and the average has gone from 27.5 to 24

[ QUOTE ]
25.3 max ...Have i got problermS??S?S

[/ QUOTE ]
I rarely see over 20mpg - that's daily driving in and around town. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mine is about 28-32 after AMD!

This is hard back road driving!

28-30 (amd).fast driving
imola did amd sort your remap?