Skid plate

Kapten

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know where to get a new Skid plate for an Audi S3 -00? part No.?
The original one is made out of plastic and is not so strong (lost mine today after a couple of laps around an ice-track on a lake). So I would like to get a new one in another material.
But I have never seen a custom made skid plate for the S3 except the one from Vag in plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Br,
Martin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Its not actually a skid plate. Its sound insulation.

The reason you don't see them in other materials is because they attach to the side insulation which is also made of the same plastic.

What you need is some type of sump guard perhaps?

Anyways, the standard S3 item part number is 1J0 825 237 R.

They are only about £30 new from audi.

Ok thanks, then I replace the lost one with a new from VAG and see how long this one will last
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Probably not longer then to my next visit at the ice-track... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Will the Golf one not fit? Everything else seems to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do a search on www.uk-mkivs.net for 'sump guard'

I think Diesel geeks supply the Volkswagen Racing ones they put on the diesel rally cars...

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks, then I replace the lost one with a new from VAG and see how long this one will last
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Probably not longer then to my next visit at the ice-track... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ice Track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sounds good! Whats that all about then?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif