Picture request please... LCR Spliter on S3

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As above realy, I hope to be fitting my spliter this weekend and would love to have a couple of pictures or so as a reference
Many thanks
icon7.png

Just got myself one of these :thumbsup:

The only difficult part about the splitter is where you want to place it, as soon as you've done that, just screw it in. It's best to have 2 people for this btw. We used normal screws and drilled through the splitter to the bumper. The edges we obviously had to cut down, but we cut them at an angle so it curves with the edge of the bumper if you get what i mean? I held it into position and my friend looked at it making sure everything was straight and lined up and from there he drilled the 2 ends, i let go, and then just start drilling where you want to hold it!

No problems with it, i've just minor scraped it a couple of times but it's absolutely solid and won't fall off.

Last edited:
Paul, sorry for the hijack but just want to show the RS6 which Paradox1 is talking about. This machine came to our car meet a few months ago, it sounds nuts!! ...........

5984433294_c0d9b69160.jpg

5984433530_df8654d95d.jpg

I took a look at offering my spliter to the car the other day...
Im guessing you need to cut/shave all the mounting lugs that would hold it to the leon bumper?
And the middle section must push through the leon bumper?? Shave that off too?

I took a look at offering my spliter to the car the other day...
Im guessing you need to cut/shave all the mounting lugs that would hold it to the leon bumper?
And the middle section must push through the leon bumper?? Shave that off too?

I had to chop loads off the middle as you'll find the middle will sit quite low. it's a bit of a ball ache getting it all to fit spot on which is why I did mine while the front bumper was off.

I hope this doesnt turn into another of the jobs i want to do but avoid as long as possible !
The catch can
The N... bypass
and now the LCR spliter !

Its the going outside and making a car that works now broke without driving it thats holding me back at the moment

I'm like a monkey playing with a rubber hammer near a car, and I even managed to do the splitter
I would have to go to therapy if I tried the catch can and n249.
You can alway realign and adjust if you do t like the way it sits.
Screw the lip on and leave the end pieces till very last, bend back the little mud guards and use a small hacksaw to cut back, it's a soft plastic and doesn't offer much resistance.
What's the worst that can happen, you accidentally cut through some engine mounts and the engine falls out.

Last edited: