Just received a used K03s. how much is too much play in turbo?

takworldwide

Reaction score
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
tqdf.mp4

As above really. i have posted a clip of movement but have nothing to compare it to.

from what i have heard is that the oil takes up some of the slack/movement on the shaft, is this true or utter non-sense?

as a abit of a side note does anyone know the part number for the turbo housing bolts as 1 of them is snapped?

any help would be appreciated. thanks. Tom

Sorry to be the bearer.... but i would not put that on your car.....well beyond max play....
for refference ...no in out play.... and the slightest, and i mean the slightest up down play...

mmm not the best news, thanks anyway!

looks like a refurb then! anyone know anywhere good?

just hope my K03 on the car lasts

You are well within your rights to ask for your money back there mate. I've recently changed one at work that was better than that

I never actuall knew what a sha**ed turbo looked like, now i do.

Did you buy this as a working unit or spares/repair??

If your getting it refurbed you may as well get it made into a hybrid :p

i didnt know either, just as well i asked for advice! got to love ASN! imagine if i put it on the motor.

apparently it was on a fully working golf. cannot get in contact with the seller now aswell.brilliant!

mmmm hybrid!just dont think ive got the pennies at the mo'

i didnt know either, just as well i asked for advice! got to love ASN! imagine if i put it on the motor.

apparently it was on a fully working golf. cannot get in contact with the seller now aswell.brilliant!

mmmm hybrid!just dont think ive got the pennies at the mo'

Open a dispute with ebay and paypal will give you your doh back mate. If the ad said fully working then your onto a winner, and clearly that is not fit for use.

cheers camscockle I will look into opening a dispute.

Turbo only cost 75 of my well earnt pounds, thought it was to good to be true at the time,but listing said it was off a 60k car and was running fine.

Mugged me right off!