Changing the Bulb behind the heater dials.......

GarryX

Reaction score
Can any of you kind people please tell me how to change this particular bulb.I have the bulb and ive managed to figure out that the panel round the dials comes out.I have also found the bulb that needs to be replaced which is behind the centre dial for the fan.
Now the problem i have is that i dont know whether the bulb can be taken out from that position or do i need to take that unit out and get to the bulb from another position.I dont want to break anything but my dealer told me that it would be £80 for labour to fit a ****** bulb which i refuse to do.
Any help much appreciated.Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Has no one ever changed this bulb before?Even if anyone in the Glasgow area can tell me where i can get it changed without being charged 800 times the price of the bulb just to fit it.Please help folks.

When I got this done the last time mate they replaced the whole vent unit at the dealers saying this is the only was it could be replaced as it a led!

Is yours a facelift model?

It was on the warranty so it didn't matter with me but it's gone again, year and a half later though....

is it the face lift model or pre? I have the part off of a 1998 and it was fine when i took it out of the car. I cant seem to post any pictures - what happend to the option????

Im down in Kilwinning so if its the part, your more that welcome to it if you want to pop down.