Stud and nut wheel set-up......

they look cool. Have seen them on other cars and wondered what they were. Is there a locking wheel lug nut?

Humm... don't be tempted to buy cheap studs... have seen some nasties as a result of crappy ones... couldn't say fo sho if those are good or bad but just be aware

<tuffty/>

Well i was recommend them by a guy on ed38 who's using them on his mk4 golf.

What do you reckon to them tufty? better them wheel bolts, lighter etc?

Nope, not from what ive read alex, thats the only problem.

Well i was recommend them by a guy on ed38 who's using them on his mk4 golf.

What do you reckon to them tufty? better them wheel bolts, lighter etc?

Nope, not from what ive read alex, thats the only problem.

Studs are normally for track/race cars as its easier to swap wheels etc... can't think of any real world advantage they would have on a road car tbh... better off going for lighter wheels in the first place if you are looking to save unsprung weight..

Bill knows more about the whys and wherefores of studs than I do... he uses them on his race car and we fitted them to the Mk2 Golf track car...

<tuffty/>

I've got them fitted to my Cordy and had them on my old Ibiza as well. As mentioned, makes swapping wheels when going on track a lot easier. I got all the bits from Bill. I'd be surprised if they were lighter as the stud is longer than the equivalent bolt would be.

Yup, Bill does stud and nut conversions, for a pretty reasonable price too, and you know it's top quality kit, not risky ebay tat.

One advantage is, that you you require different spacing setups for different offset wheels, you don't need a spare set of bolts.

For my various wheels on the two cars, I have 5, 10, 15, and 20mm spacers, all with a different set of bolts! and then sets of taper seat and radius seat bolts for the aftermarket and OEM wheels. it's a nightmare!

How come youve not invested in a set yet prawn?

Money mate, £50 on wheel studs and nuts can wait for a while, I've got more important things to get done :)