AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    ... what will the uprated one change or help
    ...boost control once mapped properly

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Do I need the 0.8 bar actuater tuffty and get rid of the standered one

Can the actuater be fit with turbo on car or when I'd everything else Christmas time
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Based on past experiences with hybrids you should fit a 0.8bar actuator and ideally have the wastegate ported to prevent boost creep which seems inherent on these turbos...

There is no need to fit it right now as this will give you more boost which you currently don't need and you can leave it until you have the rest of the hardware in place and are ready for mapping...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks pal leave it how it is for now then and the wastgate is ported pal I tuck some photos if u want to see them
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

5th Gear

Status
    Well as for my hybrid build iv bought a few bits.

as well as that iv been to Rs tuning Friday and had a chat with Paul
    very helpfull had it smoke tested and straight away **** loads of smoke came out of the intake pipe at the bottom where the reducer meets the turbo apart from that no other leaks he did try it again after and there was only a bit of smoke don't get it.

Next he put it on the dyno and wow did I craped my pants when it got going but then the trouble started one side of the car was pulling to one side wich he said don't think one of ya brakes are working So straped her down then the surge started and Paul said cannot push her anymore it's not safe so packed up and had a look at the map I had on it.
    well what a pile of crap loads of boost no added fuel and or timming 13.5 lambda and lots of other crap and he said no wonder it's surging like that.

Paul advised me to put it on a standered map till I get it mapped in a few week standered is bab but safe full boost holds at 12 psi runs nice as well 210 bhp wooooo.

Parts now bought

Liquid gauge £150 what a peace of kit well werth it.
    Agu largeport head £70 sending for rebuild soon as.
    Genises 550cc injectors off lee on the forum cheers pal and bill.

Things I need

Rods
    xs manifold
    gaskets bolts
    0.8 bar acuater
    oil pick up
    water pump
    timming belt kit
    and port inlet out as much as I can.
    Milltek cat back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12