Audi S3 AMK wont go past 6000rpm

brent 3045

Reaction score
My audi s3 AMK only goes past 6000rpm in first and second gear. i have replaced maf sensor, spark plugs, n249 delete, turbosmart dv, replaced all rubber hoses with silicone. put on brand new n75j version. car seems to pull like mad and just dies after 5800-5900. i have no engine fault codes what so ever. someone help???!!!! i dont no where to look next.

Last edited:
Welcome to ASN....

Difficult to say, you would need to do some logging using VCDS to establish whats going on... have the car been remapped? if so which one? one last thing, the N75J is the wrong valve for this car... needs to be an N75F

<tuffty/>

the car has been revo stage 1'd, also i have read that the n75j holds boost better than the n75f, thats the reason i changed it.

the car has been revo stage 1'd, also i have read that the n75j holds boost better than the n75f, thats the reason i changed it.

N75J creates more of a boost spike... K04's don't hold boost much beyond 5.5/6k anyway and drops off... maybe this is what yo are experiencing...

When they get hot (which remapped K04's do) then EGT protection kicks in and that kills top end power too...

Logging would be the first thing to do...

Do you have a boost gauge fitted? do you know what boost you are running and what Revo settings you have?

<tuffty/>

no, dont currently have boost gauge and also dont know which revo settings i have. the guy at the garage just told me they were tested maps and would get the most out of the car. would you recommend replacing my old n75f and doin logging for both?

no, dont currently have boost gauge and also dont know which revo settings i have. the guy at the garage just told me they were tested maps and would get the most out of the car. would you recommend replacing my old n75f and doin logging for both?

Change the N75... N75J will give a big boost spike on initial spool and can put the ECU into limp mode... not testing or logging after remapping your car is a little dangerous tbh... in my experience no car is the same regardless... what works on one doesn't always work on another settings wise... I have seen cars make more power with less boost for example...

You need to log at least blocks 002 (airflow), 020 (timing pull) and 115 (boost request vs actual) initially... this will give you an idea of whats going on with the engine to help diagnose your problem...

Third gear runs from 2000rpm to redline with the engine at 90 deg... this will give you a decent log... do a couple just to be sure then post a screen shot of just the run data... (freeze the rows where the column headers are and scroll down to the start of the run..

Should look a little like this...
Log-01-003-020-11820110526_2216.jpg

<tuffty/>

replaced n75f today as well as silicone tip n found slight slit after maf sensor. thanks for all the advice tuffty, u were a great help