Standard Audi Alarm with after market one?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I am looking at get a Clifford 650 CAT 1 alarm fitted to my car with standard Audi alarm and immobiliser.

What I would like to know is will both work at the same time? Or does the standard one get disconnected? As the new one will do the doors, windows etc...

Also what happens with the engine immobiliser? As this runs off the key.

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You can fit two alarms if you want.

You will have problems if both alarms use ultrasonics, but usually clifford fit microwave sensors (whether this effects the audi ultrasonics, you'll have to read up about that one).

The immobiliser won't be effected. You can't remove the audi unit anyways as its linked into the ECU/dash panel etc.

The fitter will just chop the fuel pump/ignition etc for the clifford. Both will work together fine.

As you arm your audi alarm off the key, when the clifford locks the doors, the audi unit will be armed.

The standard audi unit rolls the windows up and down so the clifford installer will need to tap into the comfort unit and mess about with the locking times for the window function.

You may find that if one alarm is triggered, the other will sound (but thats no real problem as the more noise the better).

Anyways, if the fitter knows what he's doing you should be fine.

Cheers for the advice matey. Mine isn't armed off the key fob, shouldn't make any difference though should it?

Also anyone know/recommend any good fitters in the Midlands?

[ QUOTE ]

As you arm your audi alarm off the key, when the clifford locks the doors, the audi unit will be armed.

You may find that if one alarm is triggered, the other will sound (but thats no real problem as the more noise the better).

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines got both the standard alarm and a clifford fitted...Works a treat.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, Arming the Clifford doesn't arm the Audi alarm, You still have to arm both of them independantly. They both go off independantly also..

For example, my Clifford has a dual proximity sensor which kept buzzing during those horrific storms we had over Xmas. I ended up disabling the Clifford but kept the Audi alarm on for the remainder of the night..

It's been OK since but does give people a shock when they try to take a sneaky peak inside the car and it beeps back at you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines got both the standard alarm and a clifford fitted...Works a treat.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, Arming the Clifford doesn't arm the Audi alarm, You still have to arm both of them independantly. They both go off independantly also..

For example, my Clifford has a dual proximity sensor which kept buzzing during those horrific storms we had over Xmas. I ended up disabling the Clifford but kept the Audi alarm on for the remainder of the night..

It's been OK since but does give people a shock when they try to take a sneaky peak inside the car and it beeps back at you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one have you got fitted?

Also what options have you got?

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for the advice matey. Mine isn't armed off the key fob, shouldn't make any difference though should it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't clear. What I meant was off the key as in the key in the lock rather than the remote.

If you get the correct wire, you can tell the central locking to lock and arm the standard audi stuff. To operate the windows you change the lock pulse time of the clifford alarm to roll the windows up. Or you can program it to one of the extra channel buttons.

I used to fit Clifford for a living and this is how I was taught (but that was approx 5 years ago now). This are bound to be a bit different now.

I've got a Sigma Cat1 full closure and it operates the Audi alarm as well. The nice thing about it is that it will automatically lock the car/full closure if you forget to blip it (senses keys out of ignition then waits 5 mins & then locks) although this can be disabled. It's a nice feature for peace of mind, but a little dangerous if you're an idiot and leave the keys on the passenger seat (like I did, but only once).
It also has code hopping so no one can scan the code from the blipper.

Cheers HTC and AndyMac I thought you guys would know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's what I wanted to hear though. I am going to see what GAP Security say today as they are getting good write up from a lot of mags/people.

in car electronics in derby put my clifford 500 in and they know there stuff as they also sortetd it to pop my doors as have no handles now. also with the audi syatem you will need a few relays as it to do with the way audis are wired not to chear for what they are but needed

like Andy i have a sigma as well

im sure GAP have got some bad press along the way Mark, think this was discussed on Talkaudio at some point mate

i used a (mobile) fitter based in birmingham who fitted mine

you may want to PM dumdum from talkaudio also as he's a mobile alarm fitter by trade - and a top bloke too, im sure he'll be able to advise and help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

forgot to add, the sigma i have runs side-by-side with the standard Audi CAT2 alarm/immob but brings it up to CAT1 status

if you do decide to fit another alarm along with the Audi one it may be a wise choice to unplug the standard Audi interior motion sensors as they may clash with the new ones

[ QUOTE ]
like Andy i have a sigma as well

im sure GAP have got some bad press along the way Mark, think this was discussed on Talkaudio at some point mate

i used a (mobile) fitter based in birmingham who fitted mine

you may want to PM dumdum from talkaudio also as he's a mobile alarm fitter by trade - and a top bloke too, im sure he'll be able to advise and help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

forgot to add, the sigma i have runs side-by-side with the standard Audi CAT2 alarm/immob but brings it up to CAT1 status

if you do decide to fit another alarm along with the Audi one it may be a wise choice to unplug the standard Audi interior motion sensors as they may clash with the new ones

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you remember what they were saying about GAP?

i cant sorry mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

best to search TA or start a thread on there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif