Volks AutosChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

AVS versus standard servicing

I've had my A3 (TDI 110bhp) for just over 2 years now and in that time I've had 2 services - the first costing Ł335 and the second Ł180. It's on the AVS service plan and the car is coming up to 132K.

I don't whether to come off AVS - I've read mixed reports about it. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to switch to the standard service plan? Anybody have any suggestions???

I think it's always a bit lucky dip with AVS as to when to expect it, what it will cost and what will be replaced!

What are the standard service plans e.g. mileage intervals and work carried out, plus prices?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: AVS versus standard servicing

[ QUOTE ]
    I've had my A3 (TDI 110bhp) for just over 2 years now and in that time I've had 2 services - the first costing Ł335 and the second Ł180. It's on the AVS service plan and the car is coming up to 132K.

I don't whether to come off AVS - I've read mixed reports about it. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to switch to the standard service plan? Anybody have any suggestions???

I think it's always a bit lucky dip with AVS as to when to expect it, what it will cost and what will be replaced!

What are the standard service plans e.g. mileage intervals and work carried out, plus prices?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

AVS is a load of b*llocks! Really is! I wont listen to ANYONE who says that its OK for the car cos its not. How can you go 132k miles and change the oil twice! No bloody way.

Rich

1st Gear

Status

To be honest it's probably too late now anyway...With 132k miles on the clock if it's going to damage it it probably already has...

I agree, 2 services in 132k miles is never enough...

Ade

2nd Gear

Status

I've not done 132K in 2 years!!!!!! That would be going some!

The car has done 132K, I've had it 2 years - in that time I've done 43K (with 2 AVS services)

Can I have some justified reasons why I should switch from AVS to standard servicing please!

1st Gear

Status

I still say that with 132k miles on the clock it's too late to worry about it.... Continue as you have been..If it really worries you change the oil and filter yourself after 10,000 miles...

Ade

2nd Gear

Status

I actually do trust that AVS and the oils Audi use, do the job - so I'm not worried in terms of engine damage (and that is MY personal opinion) - my main question was if I could save money switching to standard service plan...?

1st Gear

Status

Ooops, sorry, went a bit of topic..... Not sure, i've alway's had AVS.... Is the standard way that much difference?

2nd Gear

Status

I'm confused!!!!

So you're saying your car is on AVS service plan, BUT you ALSO change the oil (and filter?) every 10K?

By standard servicing I mean servicing the car every 10K, 20K etc

1st Gear

Status

LOL, Now we're both getting confused... No, i don't personally but i know there are some that do....To be honest you can never change the oil too often.. The oil is the heart of the engine...

That said, I'm happy with the AVS myself....