AVS versus standard servicing

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
I've had my A3 (TDI 110bhp) for just over 2 years now and in that time I've had 2 services - the first costing £335 and the second £180. It's on the AVS service plan and the car is coming up to 132K.

I don't whether to come off AVS - I've read mixed reports about it. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to switch to the standard service plan? Anybody have any suggestions???

I think it's always a bit lucky dip with AVS as to when to expect it, what it will cost and what will be replaced!

What are the standard service plans e.g. mileage intervals and work carried out, plus prices?

Thanks in advance!

[ QUOTE ]
I've had my A3 (TDI 110bhp) for just over 2 years now and in that time I've had 2 services - the first costing £335 and the second £180. It's on the AVS service plan and the car is coming up to 132K.

I don't whether to come off AVS - I've read mixed reports about it. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to switch to the standard service plan? Anybody have any suggestions???

I think it's always a bit lucky dip with AVS as to when to expect it, what it will cost and what will be replaced!

What are the standard service plans e.g. mileage intervals and work carried out, plus prices?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

AVS is a load of b*llocks! Really is! I wont listen to ANYONE who says that its OK for the car cos its not. How can you go 132k miles and change the oil twice! No ****** way.

Rich

To be honest it's probably too late now anyway...With 132k miles on the clock if it's going to damage it it probably already has...

I agree, 2 services in 132k miles is never enough...

Ade

I've not done 132K in 2 years!!!!!! That would be going some!

The car has done 132K, I've had it 2 years - in that time I've done 43K (with 2 AVS services)

Can I have some justified reasons why I should switch from AVS to standard servicing please!

I still say that with 132k miles on the clock it's too late to worry about it.... Continue as you have been..If it really worries you change the oil and filter yourself after 10,000 miles...

Ade

I actually do trust that AVS and the oils Audi use, do the job - so I'm not worried in terms of engine damage (and that is MY personal opinion) - my main question was if I could save money switching to standard service plan...?

Ooops, sorry, went a bit of topic..... Not sure, i've alway's had AVS.... Is the standard way that much difference?

I'm confused!!!!

So you're saying your car is on AVS service plan, BUT you ALSO change the oil (and filter?) every 10K?

By standard servicing I mean servicing the car every 10K, 20K etc

LOL, Now we're both getting confused... No, i don't personally but i know there are some that do....To be honest you can never change the oil too often.. The oil is the heart of the engine...

That said, I'm happy with the AVS myself....