Porsche Brakes

Hammy999

Reaction score
Sorry it is another brake thread. I have a set of Boxter S front caliper I wish to use to upgrade the brakes. I am told I can't use the LCR discs as there will be a 7mm overlap of the pad, which seems like a lot when the Boxter S front disc is 318 and the LCR is 323 I can only guess the disc area on the LCR is smaller is this correct?

Also I am having great difficulty locating 2 piece discs that are 330x28 5x100 at a sensible price circa £300 is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

I looked into using the Alfa disc and getting them drilled however when I took them to my machinist he wasn't happy with the tolerances for a car that is going to be driven hard.

Cheers

With the right carriers you can use the standard 312mm discs, this gives you cheap replacements. See westys thread, he uses that set up.

For two piece discs contact bill at badger5, he deffo sells them, prawn i think uses 330mm 2 piece from him.

From what I've gathered, disc choice depends on the carriers and spacing of the carriers.

You can't use 312's with boxster S callipers Karl, it's boxster calipers that westy uses, not S.

I run the alfa 33Ox28 discs on my a3 with the discs redrilled and they work fine, it's driven very hard, and has been round the ring several times and they've never caused me a problem.

As for 2 piece, you're not going to find a set for £300 anywhere, I think the AP 2 piecE Bill sells are about £500 a set.

Not sure why you couldn't use LCR discs though, and take 3.5mm off the mounting face of a 330 carrier. Swept area doesn't look that different to me. I'll we if I can measure on mine later

Cheers for that I can get a carrier that will cover to 325 so if the LCR has the correct amount of disc without overlap that would be great otherwise looks like I will have to increase my budget!!!