Should my cup holder illuminate....?

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but I noticed in a B5 (facelift) the other day that it did, and it looked like the same unit as in my car...

I hoped it would, now I need to find the wires as there was nothing attached when I pulled the cupholder unit out of the dash...

The cup holder in the dash?? it doesn't in my facelift S3, I have had the dash apart too when I went from double DIN to single DIN and had the cup holder apart when it broke... no wires or lighting elements there from what I can see... remote possibility it could have been part of an ambient lighting option if there was one but non of the 8L's I have seen have had illuminated cup holders

<tuffty/>

I came from an 8p which had an illuminated cup holder, when buying my car I asked the dealer to fix the light in the cupholder before I buy it and he looked at me like I was mad. I think like you benoir it will look odd for a while until you get used to it mate

same as the a4 some do some dont

Mine doesn't light up either but I'm considering wiring it up for the Christmas:)

It is not hard job.

You getting illumination wire of ESP or ashtray - easiest way.

Then get old cup holder of the scrap yard of a6 etc. and take the flashing(illuminating) plastic of that cup holder and put it onto your 1. Connect the wire and all done.