Boot Construction

DMitch

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2002 A3 and someone has put a deep scrape in the boot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It’s actually dented as well as scratched in the area just to the right of the number plate. Does anyone know if that area is double skinned, i.e. would I be able to get behind and push out the dent?

Cheers

DM

Thats a great picture, and I think I can see the area which I need to press out.

Is your car the facelifted one, as I think the boot skin design is slightly different pre face lift?

It looks like it should be quite easy to gain access anyway.

Thankyou.

DM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, his Sig says '99 T Sport, which would make it a Pre-Facelift and his Profile says the color is Berry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough clever clogs LOL

Yeah, "Berry", I think it was a 900-pound paint option for whoever bought the car originally. We like it, had a few people ask me what it is, etc. I think Merlin Purple is a lot darker. Have only ever seen about 3 other cars this colour. Note of course that the inside of the boot is one of the cleanest examples as it's been under the trim for 6 years.

Yeah, pre-facelift.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, "Berry", I think it was a 900-pound paint option for whoever bought the car originally. We like it, had a few people ask me what it is, etc. I think Merlin Purple is a lot darker. Have only ever seen about 3 other cars this colour. Note of course that the inside of the boot is one of the cleanest examples as it's been under the trim for 6 years.

Yeah, pre-facelift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got any more pics of your car?

I think thats the same colour as my A3, wondered what it was called, says red on the owners document! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks to me like thats rose red/merlot red - pearlescent paint, code = Z3Q, sales code = P8
only available on A3 from MY02 onwards ie, 51 plate-ish onwards,

Perhaps bk1 you could check your vehicle data sticker to confirm code

Is the paint code on the sticker in the boot? If so then I will go have a look to put enquiring minds at rest...

Ok, I just looked: it's LZ4W

bk1

interesting...the plot thickens. So forget my previous suggestion...your code is not on my list that i have available or jojos list on the S3 colours thread! Is yours a MY03 car or MY02...you can tell this by looking at the model code on the vehicle data sticker in your boot...if it's MY02
look at your VIN and it should be wauzzz8Lz2?XXXXXX ....the key thing being the 2 for MY02 or 3 if MY03 (last year A3 8Ls were made). If it is a 2 then it's an exclusive colour...so call it whatever you want..berry sounds good!

I'm beginning to think yours was an audi exclusive paint code...and not one of the "standard" 15 A3/S3 colours or the addtional 5 exclusive S3 colours used udring MY02......i like it btw

We were told "berry" at the time we bought it.
And I'm not going out to look again - it's too cold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I have definitely seen a few other cars this colour, so it's not a one-off.

I don't have pics to hand but will aim to take some and post soon.

Ok forget my going on about MY02 / 03 just realised yours is a 99 anyway....still not listed though on any paint code list for MY98 or MY99! Merlin wasn't introduced until 1/9/00 MY01.

Yours will be an X or Y in the VIN instead of a 2/3 as i was talking about!