Xenon adjustments

you need vag-com to put the motors in the park position, then you turn on the lights and use the white plastic adjusters at the top corners of the light units (obvious if you look under the bonnet at back of the light units) to move the 'home' light posiition

once in position you use vag-com to reset this new position (instructions are in the vag-com downloadable manual), turn off the lights and remove the computer - car will remember and automatically adjust to this new home position.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/xenonalignment.html

They should be self levelling, that is the motors are self levelling, so occasionally the lights need to be adjusted, think you might need a vag-com for this procedure.

ok, thanks guys.
They are self levelling, but seem to point at the ground far too much. I don't have VAG com, although I would like to know more about it. Understand basically what it is, but more info would be good, anyone got any links? Does anyone use VW tools? Is it the same sort of thing as VAG com?

DOes that mean I cannot adjust them at all with out VAG com?

I don't get mine 'till Thursday, please tell me that when you turn them on they point down for a bit and then move back up again????

I find that they're fine when I turn the car on, just tend to lower too much throughout the journey, got a feeling someting's broken. They seem to work most of the time!

Sounds to me like my problem. One of my Xenon lights will hit the deck and not come back up again untill i restart the car.

After a fight with Audi I am having my Motors (Audi call the regulators) on the xenons replaced under warranty.

If you have warranty its a trip to Audi and I will tell you what to say!

Have had simlar problems with mine doesnt happen very often though but when they go down i can only see about a 1/4 of the distance of normal or in other words they are virtually straight down.Dam things.

When you say 1/4 of the distance, how far is that, 4ft, 6ft? And what would be the normal distance. Also is the beam split with a dimmer light shining further than the main one?

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like my problem. One of my Xenon lights will hit the deck and not come back up again untill i restart the car.

After a fight with Audi I am having my Motors (Audi call the regulators) on the xenons replaced under warranty.

If you have warranty its a trip to Audi and I will tell you what to say!

[/ QUOTE ]

See this post http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=105248&page=&fpart=1&vc=1 this is a common problem with the S3 and Xenons, it is always the motors that cause the lights to point down or sometimes up. Audi dealers will do this under warranty and you don't need to "fight them" over it, all you need to do is ask them to call Audi UK and ask for a copy of the tech letter that should have gone to all dealers about the xenon motors failing, as said it is a common problem so they should know about it.

Rob as yours is not under warranty, IIR the motors are around £43 each + VAT and fitting

can anyone tell me about where u can get the motors from and fitted for £43? i have talked to my dealer and they cant find the motor and i want to be able to get this sorted asap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

how much or how long would you say is fair for fitting? an hour?