Speed nuts.

a3tdi2001

Reaction score
Not story about mad driving. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere online that sells the screws and fasteners that hold the undertray on? I've tried searching ebay but maybe they're called something else?

Why not just go to Audi and buy them? They'll be on the shelf surely?

Was in there today but the boxes they were supposed to be in were empty. Don't have the will to go back again until I absolutely have to!

They are waste of space,cable ties have to be better

Cable ties! What a bunch of ****** hashers are on here! Lol. I was actually thinking the same thing but it's the two at the back of the undertray so I might have to drive a six inch nail into the subframe to make some extra holes for the cable ties to loop round. I might get some bailer twine from the local farmer as that might be stronger than a cable tie. Life in the bus lane!

Get rid of the undertray,they are useless.....think of the weight reduction :eyebrows:

Weight reduction on a TDI? It needs all the sound proofing it can get!

Not useless, smoother the underside of the car is the less turbulance and airflow is faster, therefore less air pressure which means more downforce so ner ne ne nerrr nerrrr :p

Yea feels like your goin faster when your high lol,don't drink and drive smoke and fly!

Not useless, smoother the underside of the car is the less turbulence and airflow is faster, therefore less air pressure which means more downforce so ner ne ne nerrr nerrrr :p
lol should I put this in the motorsport section as we aren't talking about a tractor sounding smoker are we

Economy's always important. I'm getting 60mpg bang on combined which I'm more than happy with. I'm off to B&Q in the morning for a tube of Bostik and then heading down to Le Mans, move over Mcnish!

Last edited:
Diesel or not, aerodynamics still applies, he might even be looking for better economy. Say that to the audi le man's team lol, tractor sounding smoker!
When Allan McNish appears on here asking where to get screws for the undertray I will :whistle2:

Reactions: liquids3
What are you on about? Mcnish uses the zip tie fastener system as recommended by audi-sport.net:)

Reactions: liquids3