Newbie poster here!!

I

imported_DeadEye

Hi guys.

I have a question, I have just down graded my E46 M3 to a 2003 S3. (Please don't ask why - its hard enough as it is!)

The M3 was drive by wire and had a sport mode button which made the throttle more sensitive. Is there some way of re-calibrating the throttle on the S3?

Cheers... Sure I will be speaking with you guys quite a lot from now on...

downgraded !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A remap will make the throttle more responsive, (as I found out this weekend!) although I doubt to an M3 standard.
Go for a free 5 hour trial, well worth the effort.

Welcome to the Forum matey, you can reset the DBW throttle on the S3 by switching your ignition to 'ON' but not starting the car up, and planting the throttle all the way down for about 5 secs, then release, now start the car up as you would and the throttle should be returned to factory setting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice, so what happens if you hold it half way down for five seconds?

I had to ask!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, so what happens if you hold it half way down for five seconds?

I had to ask!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, never tried lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AFAIK a TBA (Throttle body alignment) doesnt require the throttle being pressed?

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the Forum matey, you can reset the DBW throttle on the S3 by switching your ignition to 'ON' but not starting the car up, and planting the throttle all the way down for about 5 secs, then release, now start the car up as you would and the throttle should be returned to factory setting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this achieve then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome mate, won't ask why the E46 M3 has gone, nice to have owned one though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As said try the 5 hr Revo trial and if it improves the TBR to your liking, then you can look at all different tuning companies, Revo, AMD, Jabba, Otteinger etc.

I know how you feel, I 'downgraded' to my S3 some 4 months back from my year old BMW E46 330Ci Sport. Man i loved that car.... It was a case of having to sell it, i needed the cash that was tied up in it to buy a house that the wife loved....

As it happened i sold the BM, bought the S3 and the house fell through so i sold it for nowt.... Never mind, I'm happy with the S3 until i get enough together again for a M3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and welcome...

Ade

[ QUOTE ]

I know how you feel, I 'downgraded' to my S3 some 4 months back from my year old BMW E46 330Ci Sport. Man i loved that car.... It was a case of having to sell it, i needed the cash that was tied up in it to buy a house that the wife loved....

As it happened i sold the BM, bought the S3 and the house fell through so i sold it for nowt.... Never mind, I'm happy with the S3 until i get enough together again for a M3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and welcome...

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there you go, same here mate ;-) i will have another M3.

Can I ask a question?

I've noticed that when people talk about BMW's they quote an 'E number, 330Ci E46 etc Now I know this is not a food colorant, so what does it mean??

Cheers
N
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask a question?

I've noticed that when people talk about BMW's they quote an 'E number, 330Ci E46 etc Now I know this is not a food colorant, so what does it mean??

Cheers
N
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its like the A3's 8L and 8P - its the model designation