new facelift quattro wheels.

Pontio

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i havrent been around for a while but now im back i am looking for new wheels for my 2001 TQ. The ones i have liked for a while are the fox rs5 wheels as i love deep dished chrome wheels. am looking at getting tese in 18" as i dont want the wheels to look silly big or affect handling too much.

Any better wheels on the market, opinions etc wlecome. Just looking for some advcice or alternative wheels.

Thanks in advance.

thanks for the replies guys. to answer both of you the bbs lm's are what i ultimetaly wanted but at £2300 there a tad pricey for a set of 18" wheels. The CH's were what i was comparing with the rs5's but decided on the rs5's as i love the chrome lip but cant afford to also get split rim.

sorry to hi-jack this thread... but those are only 7.5 wide....(just gonna do a search on this topic)...arent we looking for 8's....having been told by some that 8.5 is too wide.

only meant it as an example theres lots of similar wheels, the best i've seen are the keskin kt4, also i'd be very suprised if a 7.5 inch wheel fitted with same size tyres as an 8 inch one would be that much smaller once on the car

Actually, taking a good look at the fox wheels on the Top Gear website i think i prefer the RS3's. I rekon they would look very nice on an A3/S3. And they're cheaper as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Don't go for FOX they are made from the cheapest softest metal around.

I know of loads of people bending them after hitting pot holes etc... I also had the misforturne of having a set on my first car that I managed to bend 3 of them.

oh, thanks for that markb, something to consider.As for the other raplies i dont want lm look alikes as i havent seen any ones i think look good enough and the rs3 wheels are too fiesta look in my eyes.

i just realised i wroyte thats for that, i meant thanks alot mlcadman.
Thanks for verifying ian.

By adding an 18" wheels how much does the handling and ride suffer this is my biggest concern before upgrading

Thanks a lot I live in the midlands I need to have the 4 wheel alignment done as I have gone sone uneven wear on one on my tyres can anybody recommned a place that knows what they are on the quattro system

thanks