Premium Oil Catch Can - GROUP BUY - SaikouMichi

S3Lol

Reaction score
Hi All,

There are now many places on VAG forums that inform us of the benefits of having a catch can system, most notably as it means you are not putting oily vapour back through the intake system (this can effect performance). Also, as the hoses on our cars are perishing and creating vacuum leaks, I would prefer not to pay the £135 for just the lower set of hoses, when I can replace the whole lot for less money.

I was gauging some interest for the decent, baffled catch cans available from the US. I have not really liked the £25 cheap ebay catch cans that have 15mm holes (from personal experience).

So, what we are looking at is the SaikouMichi catch can below with 19mm inlet/outlet. I havent heard a bad review yet and seems to do a great job.

PhotoBorderTemplateStage3.png

Take a look at Saikou Michi OCC Explanation to show how this can is a higher quality than others.

For pricing, we are looking at approx. £75 (inc. duty, VAT) delivered to your address. I will receive the cans at my address and post accordingly (postage cost is included in that price). If any of you live in the cambridge area and want to pick it up, that is also fine and saves me having to find a box.

This pricing is based on 5 people. if we get more, I will try and secure a further discount.

So far on the list we have...

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
6. Sportquattro - to confirm

Also, here is a guide for fitting...

How to fit a catch can

If you are interested in buying, please reply with the list of names, and add yours on the bottom.

I am going to try and run this till the last week of September, so that we hit payday before payment is due :)

Why isnt my name on the list eh? Haha. Im in.

I have the SaikouMichi catch can installed on mine from the previous group buy. Great piece of kit & blends in nicely, much better than the cheaper versions that are available. Bit of a job to complete the install but well worth it if you ask me.

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
6. Sportquattro - to confirm
7. Dani_B19
8. S3_nick
9. S3-Sandy

thanks for adding the peeps alex ;)

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
7. Dani_B19
8. S3_nick
9. S3-Sandy

Taken Sportquattro off.

Have you seen Mocal ones? You pay for what you get...

At the end of the day its a tin can with a couple of pipes coming out of it, cant see how they can justify £75 to be honest, but in general terms I agree you get what you pay for but sometimes things are disproprtionately expensive for what they are. (IMHO)

i'll vouch for these, fitted one to my Ex's 8L A3....****** good quality and looks very OEM!
P1010521.jpg

P1010507.jpg

P1010984.jpg

At the end of the day its a tin can with a couple of pipes coming out of it, cant see how they can justify £75 to be honest, but in general terms I agree you get what you pay for but sometimes things are disproprtionately expensive for what they are. (IMHO)

The good ones are baffled though to help with oil separation. If you don't have baffled then you can chuck wire wool in there too. It's also handy if they are made of decent materials and well machined/welded. You don't always pay for the end product but some R&D as well remember.

I agree though, some stuff is overpriced. APR parts for example. $4500 or so for an exhaust. Yeah. Right.

The good ones are baffled though to help with oil separation. If you don't have baffled then you can chuck wire wool in there too. It's also handy if they are made of decent materials and well machined/welded. You don't always pay for the end product but some R&D as well remember.

I agree though, some stuff is overpriced. APR parts for example. $4500 or so for an exhaust. Yeah. Right.

These cans are better than any other can i've seen. Tam and I have the exact same setup both venting to atmosphere through a piece of hose that is tied to the brake lines and vent inbetween the rear wheels. The only difference is that Tam's can is an eBay jobbie packed with wire wool and mine is a SaikouMitchi can.

After a few weeks of venting to atmosphere we both checked our setups. Tam had oily residue all under the car where it was venting where as mine was clean as a whistle. The oil separation on the SaikouMitchi is brilliant.

REV_C_SECTION_publish.jpg

Put me down on the list. Im based Cambridge way too, so can collect. What's the estimated delivery time of these? Don't wanna hang around waiting for peeps to pay up etc...Ryan

New updated list so far for S3Lol's Group Buy as follows

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
6. Ryan_W
7. Dani_B19
8. S3_nick
9. S3-Sandy

Im interested, so we will have to buy the rubber hose ect. ?

Last edited:
New updated list so far for S3Lol's Group Buy as follows

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
6. Ryan_W
7. Dani_B19
8. S3_nick
9. S3-Sandy
10. chazza55

Cheers guys!

Is this just the can ? or does it comes with the hose's ect

Hi Dan no this is just for the catch can, you can buy the 19mm hose, one way valve and also the T and 90' bends from off eBay pretty cheap too.

Thanks Chris.

ok thanks, how offten would i need to check the can for oil and re drain ?

Thanks

So whats the final price then? When we buying this?

New updated list so far for S3Lol's Group Buy as follows.

1. S3Lol
2. Rhubarb4
3. Smokey_Clark
4. SiGainey - to confirm
5. Zebby - to confirm
6. Ryan_W
7. Dani_B19
8. S3_nick
9. S3-Sandy
10. chazza55
11. IrishDave

Thanks Guys.