YESSS ! Car is back on the road!

JonBoi25

Reaction score
Hello again!,

Last time i was on here i posted about my trouble experienced whilst trying to get my car remapped.

Anyways not to drag on about what happened.
Ive been into work and been working non stop o the car , ive now replaced the turbo for a brand spanker ! (was tempting to upgrade but this can still be done later date, little funds atm), also replaced loads of the vacumm/breather system/oil filter and oil/coolant pipes.

Replacing all the above cost a small fortune but i finally had the pleasure of driving my beauty back out of the work shop after over 2 weeks off the road! , She runs like a dream and seems to pull much stronger than before!. Turbo Technics dealt with the turbo side of things and hats off to them for service / quality and price. They found that the old turbo had a hairline crack / fracture that would of resulted in boost/power loss.

So all in all she's back now better than ever, and im looking forward to making her look the part now before tinkering with the engine again haha! :D.

Cheers, Jon

Good news!

Was this the car that failed after a the intake systems was smoke tested at +30 psi prior to a remap?

good news indeed :D,

well kind of yeah. They didnt smoke test but pressure tested system after remap to check for leaks. Well by pressurising it the way they did they obv forced oil through into the exhaust, i had the turbo looked at as this is where the oil was likely to force by, in doing so they found the damaged housing anyway so it wasnt a lost cause. There was smoke initially on start up but now its fine :)
So yeah runs like a dream now :)

Nice one. Always satisfying then things get fixed after a bit of time.