Audi Scuttle Panel 8L

Audi-Power

Reaction score
hi

im just wondering if anyone knows if you have to seal the scuttle panel to the wind screen to stop water getting in or doesnt it really matter

the plastic trim press fits into a 'gutter' at the bottom of the screen mate... it should self seal..

<tuftfy/>

ok
its just where it meets the windscreen there is a few mil gap thats all
weather it matters or not. i dont really no whats behind it or if water gets down there if it just runs either side

cheers

I have similar... not had a problem myself but maybe removing it and giving it a clean (as dirt and stuff will collect there) and see if it sits back in better...

You 'could' seal it but if you needed to get it off again it will be a nob and don't be tempted to try using too much pressure or a hammer to make it seat better... I have seen a screen crack just from hand pressure pushing it back in...

<tuffty/>

It's most important that you get the passenger side to sit correctly as under that is the pollen filter and hence a great big hole into the innards of the car. My driver's side is quite loose as the plastic groove at the bottom of the screen into which the scuttle is supposed to sit/clip has detached from the glass. Keep meaning to take everything off and re-glue it but it isn't leaking into the car so apathy has got the better of me!

when i had my windscreen changed the bloke said the scuttle would never fit properly as it had warped. it clicks in at the 2 sides but not flush in the middle. been like that a year in all weathers with no problems.

mine clips in at either end but there must be atleast a 5mm gap in the middle. i need a new one to be honest and mine has cracked in a few places, anyone any ideas how much a new one would be

mine clips in at either end but there must be atleast a 5mm gap in the middle. i need a new one to be honest and mine has cracked in a few places, anyone any ideas how much a new one would be

if u find out mate lemme know. its something ive been meaning to change for ages

I've had a new one sat in the garage for a couple of years waiting to fit. Was about £30 from memory.