Dogbone bush

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
Well i had a productive Saturday, me and my dad (who is a mechanic) got my car on a ramp and fitted new coilovers and wishbones and a service,

We got the coilovers on fine and wishbones then got it tracked, we was also going to fit my dogbone but the bolts seemed really stiff, my dad said he can try and get them out but they feel like they might snap, I didn’t like the sound of that so i decided to leave it for now,

Has anyone else had snapped bolts or do they all feel like this?

try some wd40 on them leave it on for 30mins let it soak in try again keep doing this also if they move a tad keep undoing and tightening while soaking them in wd40 will ease the whole bolt up.

another way oxyaceterlean or how ever you spell it lol basically heat the bolts up with the blow torch then they should undo easy

Are you talkin about the 2 what bolt to the car think size 13? I had a nightmare one snapped on me had a thread stuck in there for a while until it come loose from the mount. There is a topic on here if u search for it. It's happened to a few and others have no problems they advise to replace the bolts after aswell.

Ye it’s the bolts that bolt into the car, there is no nut on the end of then, if the bolt snaps I would have to drill it out and I don’t fancy doing that.
I just wondered if it was common for them to snap or if me and my dad were just being women lol

No there's no nut on the other end and there's no thread on the mount just the point where it's goes onto car if it was to snap of u can still get the mount of but will need to heat up the remaining thread and use some grips to undo it. Mine was hard to get of the mount and couldn't get it off but it finally come loose one day when I put my foot down.

Got a set of the red powerflex dog bone bushes on friday so had a go at fitting it last night after work. Managed to get on ok with the 13mm bolts but one of the 16mm into the engine block was a right ******.

Managed to get it out in the end and then it was very easy got the new bushes in place and back together in no time at all.

Engine moves alot less now when rev`d and the gearchange is smoother got a little more vibration at idle but nothing bad and it may settle down after the bush has settled in after a few hundred miles.

For less than £20 its a good mod i think.