Tyre Size Question on RS4/TT Original Alloys

• Thread starter imported_spuddie007
  • Start date
I

imported_spuddie007

Hiya All

My first post, but unfortunately it's a question someone may be able to help me with.

I have just bought a set of Audi RS4/TT Alloys (18") for the S3 (2000W Plate), and they currently have two brand new and two bald tyres on them.

My question is, do I have to replace with the same size tyre or can I go for a bigger profile?

Currently they have 255/35/18 Dunlop SP9000 on them, but can I go for a 255/40/18 with out any interference or rubbing in the arches?

Any advice would be greatly received....

Thanks
Spuddie

They should all be the same profile as far as I am aware due to the 4wd system, but I am sure someone more knowledgable will correct me.

I'll clarify a quick point, sorry, I'm looking to change all four tyres not just the two!

I'm just wnating to know what size tyres I can put on them......

Cheers
Spuddie

[ QUOTE ]
Currently they have 255/35/18 Dunlop SP9000 on them, but can I go for a 255/40/18 with out any interference or rubbing in the arches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you want to run tyres as wide as that?
255s?

The S3 is over tyred on 225s...255s will kill what little feel the chassis ever had...

The correct 225/40/18s are your best bet all round.

[ QUOTE ]
B****cks!

I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer, just spoke to Audi Customer Services, and they said the same thing, that they do not receommend I fit them to the S3, as they will not fit.

Oh well, you live and learn don't you?

Off to ebay I go!

[/ QUOTE ]

on the plus side, you should get more than 500sheets for a set of original RS4s. try them on RS246 first m8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Ess_three's right but there are two types of original RS4's labelled 'soft' and 'hard' and it all comes down to the first issue ones bending easily and were superseeded with the new 'hard' type.

The later type have an extra band running round the inside of the rims.

Thanks for your advice one and all. I think I'll try RS246 first, then have a crack @ ebay if they don't sell.

What do you think I should put them on for, £700? (I also got four new centre caps with the alloys, all still packed in bags which cost the guy £120!)

Comes with the territory of owning an Audi I suppose. If only I thought of an idea like they have, and had lots of cash to invest in R&D and production!