Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: Jardo's pretend S3 build! Now with quattro! with full 'Instagram' updates!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ahh yeh i know Newport ind. estate that is got a peugeot dealer down there too ? I need more power gettin bored but lack of funds is a slight issue haha

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Jardo, what camera are you using and is it mounted to the headrest bars?
    Haha, well I am actually using a Galaxy S2! I bought a suction phone mount and just plonk it on the window, I had to cut a hole for the camera in it but I've been really pleased with the results.

They shoot in 1080P, that video was 720 but I still think the quality is good.

I took this on it too -

I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Good day today

Did a 0 to 60 of 5.8 on GPS down at a private airfield which is my best recorded time yet, not bad for 3 year old £30 a corner budget tires.

(sorry for the commentary, was sending it as a reply to Prawn on Whatsapp)

Ordered one of these too -

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Good work mate and I promise I won't post 'that' pic like I did on FB ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    I promise I won't post 'that' pic like I did on FB ;P

<tuffty/>
    I guess I'll have to post it for you then Paul.....

Ohps.

Still, good work J-rod, sub 6 on a ko3S is mightly impressive
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status

yawn

Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The more impressive thing is that I did it on THESE tires, you can tell how old they are by the shine on them. They are ROCK solid, home made runflats -

Genuinely, three were £30 a corner three years ago and that Michelin is the same tire it had on the back three years ago when she bought it lol!

4.8 must be nuts Paul, would love to get a go in that!

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Alan Jefferies is on Valley Road now
    He's been in Plympton for years, but a lot of people dont rate him much a good friend had his Octavia Vrs remapped by him and ended up going back 3 times eventually getting the origional map restored. and was very unimpressed with his attitude and general lack of customer care.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ..4.8 must be nuts Paul, would love to get a go in that!
    ...it was however that particular GPS run was 4.2secs ;P

Welcome to have a go when I have sorted out the current issues... should have even more power then and might try for sub 4 secs if I can change gear quick enough lol

Your 5 speed box is really helping you there... fecking 6 speeders are 3 gear changes to get it over a ton!!

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by sportquattro View Post
    He's been in Plympton for years, but a lot of people dont rate him much a good friend had his Octavia Vrs remapped by him and ended up going back 3 times eventually getting the origional map restored. and was very unimpressed with his attitude and general lack of customer care.
    The guy's useless IMO, I went in and asked for a Jetex filter and he tried to school me on 1.8t's. Wouldn't just sell me the part I want, he tried to be like Bill and offer me advice and help me out. I think he was trying to be helpful, but he fell at the first hurdle by not having a ****ing clue what he was on about haha! I ended up spending a good hour there arguing with him over how totally wrong he was about everything he said, then pulling out my dyno sheet (the I carry to shut people up) and showing his how much power it made on it's current setup and that if he fancied pulling out one of his stage 1 Subaru's, and he was confident it would get further than 100 yards I'd be more than happy to take his "1.8t's are a terrible engine" comments.

Didn't realise you were in Ivybridge, will have to meet up some time?

And yes Paul, would be epic. I've been out in Bumble with his old spec a couple of years back, is it comparable to that?

And yeah, 5 speed REALLY does help! I can do a ton in third with no dramas

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ....And yes Paul, would be epic. I've been out in Bumble with his old spec a couple of years back, is it comparable to that?
    PE spec or Hybrid K04 spec?... Bumble was putting out 370hp in PE spec... 330 hp in hybrid spec...

Think when Nick came out for a spin she was running between 350 and 370 hp... once the works done then 'should' be nudging low 400's but have seen similar spec turbo as mine make 450 ish... time will tell I guess but you still need to run yours on Bills dyno so maybe in the new year we can sort that out ;P

<tuffty/>

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

I'm not quite sure to be honest, it was 2 years ago at my first B5 RR day.

I'm worried about going on the rollers, what if it doesn't pull good figures and everybody laughs at me? I know this sounds stupid, but can Bill do 5/6 full throttle runs back to back with it first before doing the proper power run? Because it is a bit wet until it's had a caning for a couple of minutes.

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean. I don't really want to turn the boost down to make it run richer, I'd rather find another way around it lol!
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 16th November 2011 at 21:28.

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status

I'm worried about going on the rollers, what if it doesn't pull good figures and everybody laughs at me? I know this sounds stupid, but can Bill do 5/6 full throttle runs back to back with it first before doing the proper power run? Because it is a bit wet until it's had a caning for a couple of minutes.

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean. I don't really want to turn the boost down to make it run richer, I'd rather find another way around it lol!
    *** jardo.....

Smell my finger.

Status

If this car is still alive in 12 months time I'll eat my own fist
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Badger 5 Edition

Status

Bill will warm the engine properly before doing a run on any car mate... then you typically get 3 power runs unless you are paying for a diagnostics session...

<tuffty/>

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Bill will warm the engine properly before doing a run on any car mate... then you typically get 3 power runs unless you are paying for a diagnostics session...

<tuffty/>
    I will probably take it out for a beasting, then let it sit on the rollers and have it's three runs so it is running right.

What can I do to help the running lean on build up? When I say "get hot" I mean, I don't give it ANY boost until it is at 90*. But I can drive it normally all day and go to put my foot down and it will misfire for the first couple of pulls but then after a couple of pulls it properly fly's. Do you want me to maybe do a couple of logs on it so you can see fueling?

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I will probably take it out for a beasting, then let it sit on the rollers and have it's three runs so it is running right.

What can I do to help the running lean on build up? When I say "get hot" I mean, I don't give it ANY boost until it is at 90*. But I can drive it normally all day and go to put my foot down and it will misfire for the first couple of pulls but then after a couple of pulls it properly fly's. Do you want me to maybe do a couple of logs on it so you can see fueling?
    Maybe worth having a diags session then mate... Bill can log shizzle and let you know whats what...

Bill can load the car off boost to get stuff hot if need be... its how he maps stuff anyway

<tuffty/>

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Maybe worth having a diags session then mate... Bill can log shizzle and let you know whats what...

Bill can load the car off boost to get stuff hot if need be... its how he maps stuff anyway

<tuffty/>
    Ahhh good good, yes a diagnostics session would be useful. I'm sure you and Bill would like to do some proper logs on the car as well just to see whats what!

Random question, pre facelift TQS. Will that have a KO3 or an S on it?

Then never do them.

Status

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean.
    Bills RR day you came to was 1 year and 8 days ago, Bill hasn't even had a dyno 2 years!

I don't think I'd have said the misfire was a lean misfire, it wouldn't make sense to only do that on warm up. I have no idea why it does it!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Was it really a year ago?! I can't remember, I don't even know what ****ing day it is today let alone back then.

Hmm, a certain forum member *cough*Scottb5*cough* has my vaginal communications lead so I'll wait for him to drop that back then do some logs

Annoying though, I wonder if it is either cheap MAF/plugs/coilpacks?

Then never do them.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Have you tried getting your coilpacks changed on the recall?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    are AGU bolt down coilpacks covered by the recall Tom? I thought it was for AUM style push down coilpacks only!

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'm not sure matey, I've not felt the need to enquire as for some reason my car has never had any coil issues and is the only 1.8T I've ever seen to have a dead steady idle

Could have been an easy solution to your mans misfire if they're covered. Worth a phone call maybe at least.

Status
    I don't THINK AGU are on the recall, the coilpacks are totally different you see, and have a seperate ign amp rather than the coil having it's own amp. My AGU coilpacks are all original, and have covered 210k without issue so far!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Bonus, another tick in the box for an AGU then :D

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    No recall for the AGU or APY...

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    *** jardo.....
    nuff said

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    No recall for the AGU or APY...
    You now why? Because Audi didn't need to, because they are the best engines ever.

Pre-Facelift, represent.
    lippyrich likes this.

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    And proper coils....
    lippyrich likes this.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Does that mean that the coils on my AEB head should be ok to use? I was just going to buy 4 new ones due to habit of owning a BAM head!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Status
    no mate, but they'd be perfect for giving to me as spares!

push down ME7 coils are 3 wire I believe, and AGU coils are 4 wire, (could be the other way round) totally different plugs too.

From how I understand it (open to correction), on the push downs, each coil contains it's own ignition amp to generate the charge, so ti's given a signal, and it amplifies it internally.

bolt down AGU/AEB coils don't do this, they have a seperate ignition amplifier for the job.

My guess is that that's why AGU coils last for ages, as they're doing less work.

Status
    Saw your car doing the rounds at ADI session, good thread, enjoyed it!

Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    JArdo, who is "Spunkmeifter"?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Status
    That would be Jardos boyfriend, George 'Spunky' Seamons with the silver A3 track car....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    That would be Jardos boyfriend, George 'Spunky' Seamons with the silver A3 track car....
    Thought I had photo of it on track, but it's a silver S3 8L now I look more closely!

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Status
    You wouldn't have dude, Georges car wsn't at ADI. Did you get any pics of me on track? identical to jardos but with an orange cage (and going much quicker )

Status
    You wouldn't have dude, Georges car wsn't at ADI. Did you get any pics of me on track? identical to jardos but with an orange cage (and going much quicker )
    Only these 2 I'm afraid, must have been going too fast for me to catch you!

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Ahhh good pictures! Thanks, like those!

My missus is driving in both of the pictures, so she'll be glad to see them!

This is Spunky's car, shame it's got too many doors, is the wrong color and has a Ko3 -

Then never do them.

Status
    Nice pics Warren, if you don't mind I'm going to cross post them into my build thread

If you'd rather I didn't then just drop me a PM

Status
    Nice pics Warren, if you don't mind I'm going to cross post them into my build thread

If you'd rather I didn't then just drop me a PM
    It's all good mate so go ahead!