Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Its a strange one, i love the 1K chassis its perfect for what it is, the 8P is a truely epic car, yet for a fast hatch the 8P S3 is a little large and maybe to refined, whereas the mk5 Golf is still ****ing perfect, ive always said (and jardo has heard me many times) my mk5 golf TDI is the only car i would keep, the only one i love and i wouldnt swap it for anything, Ron is cheap fun, the mk4 is my work hog and the T25 is the family relaxing wagon, my mk5 might not be as fast as Ron or the slayer but imho it/that chassis is the best yet from VAG, so much so the reason they went to the mk6 so fast was because the 1K plateform cost a fortune to build

Mk5 or 8P either are perfect, both will last very well, and best of all its a programmers dream, i was head hunted to work at the VAG indy on the back of my programming (they didnt have a clue lol)

I love it Jardo, and anyone that says they dont hasnt driven one imho

having owned a pretty quick mk5 gti dsg in K04 spec and 380hp i can say i'd probably go 8P S3 over golf next time.

although a have a 8L quattro with over 400 hp so don't really need another!.....well......ummm

Don't quote me.

But I think that the Slayer has just been sold to a mate of Prawn and I's, the friend in question lives in Castle Combe.

I really hope that the Slayer will be used like it was always supposed to be.

:beerchug:

Reactions: 16Klappe
360 bhp on a FWD, that's mad! I don't see the point in having all that power in a front wheel drive, yours is different prawn simply due to the time effort and money you've invested.

360bhp on a Quattro and being able to get all of those 360 horses down on the Tarmac rain or shine is my argument for an s3, which is not mad and perfect for your everyday Joe blogs kinda guy.

Go and drive a stripped out Leon/Audi, with 300bhp+ with decent tyres on and tell me it's madness.

The fun is epic, and it's also how it is mapped, progressive, and in my close on 300bhp leon (291) pulls a 13.4 1/4 mile.

What a lot of people miss is just head for 300bhp as a pub figure, but don't bother doing anything about the handling.

uprate the suspension, mounts etc etc, and decent tyres and 300bhp is more than capable in a FWD car, don't get me wrong there is wheel spin, but it can be controlled and in the correct manner, as proven down the strip

Jamie/Tony whatever your name actually is..Out of interest looking at your build thread have you done many proper track days? How did the car get on?

I had a cheese sandwich for lunch, with a really posh chutney and some nice wholemeal bread.

Followed it up with a can of coke which has made me have the hiccups.

Reactions: Rainbird, phil miller, s3dave and 1 other person
I'd love to see your stripped out Leon run down the strip against a standard S3, in this seasons weather, which is normally extremely wet, slippery and at times icy. Only then you'd understand where I'm coming from as the s3 bogs down and easily disappears off into the distance leaving you in a whole load of humiliating wheelspin.

Everything else like your stripped out Leon is probably heaps of fun, when it's dry, which is only half the year at most, and this is and always will be my argument for Quattro.

Reactions: Jason.s
Fwd drag cars. Stupid.

AWD hatch backs. Stupid.

AWD race cars. Stupid.

AWD cars that look like 4x4's but are FWD. Stupid.

Jason asking Tony how he gets on whilst on track. Epic.

Reactions: Jason.s
Years of refinement have built Tony's track car, regular track sessions and a constant development.

He almost certainly hasn't copied all of the cosmetic changes Nick has done and blagged he has a track car. Certainly not. Of cause he has done more than a singular action day as a passenger...

See thats all i asked as on here how are we to know that? On here it just looks like he`s another sheep that builds a wannabe track car and never uses it. Glad thats not the case but we wouldnt know otherwise.

RS3...Oh my.

The A45 is an odd looking duckling, intoxicating sound track though.

you know what i think is happening here..
People are genuinely worried that Jardo is moving full time to the 8P section, and this means no more drama, the kind of drama that makes peoples days. So they are desperately clinging onto whatever they can cause before you depart and this thread turns to dust :(

Reactions: Jay A3, 16Klappe and Jason.s
The 8P section seems really nice. Not sure they are as technically minded as us, but they are friendlier.

I haven't been called a **** yet.

They`re nice until you dont follow the rules and refuse to fit MY12 rear lights and drop it lower than your nans nips.

Is he going to paint the front bumper properly now or continue to rattle can it in the street in true Jardo fashion?

What he said!

For what I have offered it to Jamie, he could afford to have the whole car resprayed and still break it for a profit haha!

Jamie? is his name actually Jamie this time? Its not Tony outside of the forum is it?

Jamie is called Tony.

007 is called Jamie. But he is actually 007.

Reactions: Toomanycars007