Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 1849
Like Tree544Likes

Thread: Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

4th Gear

Status
    Sub 9 or sublime?

You'll be doing stoppies with those bad boys.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Sub 9, BTG

EBC Ultimax slotted discs, nearly new. Mintex M1177 race pads half worn, a set of new road pads and Prawns lifetime supply of part worn pads.

This was Prawns ultimate incarnation of the LCR setup. And it worked faultlessly.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is your car actually fast enough to warrant bigger brakes jardo? :b
    '09 Lci 335d individual. M-dev stage 2, 360bhp 550ftlb. 'Undercover police edition'

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Looks about as quick as your RS4 from 40-70.

Fact.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Looks about as quick as your RS4 from 40-70.

Fact.
    426g/s, enough airflow to make your torque app explode.

Fact
    '09 Lci 335d individual. M-dev stage 2, 360bhp 550ftlb. 'Undercover police edition'

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BENJAMIN View Post
    426g/s, enough airflow to make your torque app explode.

Fact
    Actual fact.

Then never do them.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

ATE Super Blue has 30% off on Euro website at the moment.

For those who want to know.
    S3 Rav and superkarl like this.

Then never do them.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Paul has posted out my new mounts, so just waiting on them and then I can start doing bits and pieces.

I want to do "stuff", I don't know what. But I am bored of cleaning.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cars looking good, the paintwork looks immaculate! Are you keeping the calipers orange or changing the colour?
    2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - Rebuild Complete

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Oh wow.

Prawn and I have just spent the morning totally transforming my car, it's all got a bit serious now.

Then never do them.

Down under

Status
    Given it another wash?
    voorhees, S3 Rav and s3dave like this.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

It rained if that's what you mean.

Then never do them.

Status
    Oh wow.

Prawn and I have just spent the morning totally transforming my car, it's all got a bit serious now.
    Put S3 badges on em
    s3dave likes this.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

So.

I purchased some used engine mounts from RedBull/Paul.

Prawn filled them with pourable poly, 1KG for both mounts - Polytek Poly PT Flex 85 Fast Cure - Shore A85 Polyurethane Rubber - 1kg | eBay

More on them later.

I was told to meet Nick at his house at 10. Like that was ever going to happen.

Had a cheeky wash and hoover at the local eastern Europeans, bloody good too. Always use them for a simple wash.

Arrived at Nicks at 5 to 9, and waxed my car. With Angel Wax Desire courtesy of this months Waxybox.

Nick was not happy about this, his neighbour was very happy to see me though. She's lovely.

Then I walked to Sainsburys to get his other neighbour her paper.

Came back, Prawn made coffee and I ate biscuits. Then we got on with it.

Old cruddy 312's.

Old cruddy 312's off.

Prawn won't work without his blankey.

Smeagol making the pad wear sensors short out.

Cleaning the hub faces.

Not a huge difference in disc diameter, but the thickness is huge.

One side on, kevlar lines. Obviously.

It rained, Prawn was sad about this.

Desire was doing its job though, we were both mesmerized at the water just not being able to sit on my car. It was constantly moving and pouring off.

Next side on.

85 shore engine mounts fitted.

And then I squirreled underneith and did the dogbone for my old Super-Pro race bushed one, which was still perfect but was causing issues with the worn engine mounts.

Started her up. Hoooooly **** these mounts are loud and grumbly! And utterly beautiful.

My car has effectively become a petrol powered love machine, the entire interior shakes. But not a violent broken shake, a beautifully connected and smooth vibration. Like the car is happy. This is good.

The mounts will hopefully soften slightly with time, but if they stay like this I'm not bothered by the vibration. Most people would hate it, but most people don't want super stiff engine mounts.

So be warned, these are not quiet. They feel LOVELY, really really full on good. But they're noisy, noisier than the engine.

Brakes.

Brakes.

Brakes.

Wow.

They are unholy style good compared to 312's, especially with the Mintex M1177 race pads and new EBC Ultimax slotted discs Prawn has given me.

They were Prawns final incarnation of the LCR brake kit, and the ones he was happiest with performance wise. So to have gone from 4 year old worn out 312's which I thought were great to these is a bit of a large step.

The power isn't the best in the world, but the brake feel and the pedal response is instant. Very progressive but short, literally perfect.

Obviously bled with ATE Super Blue.

Car looks rather different with a lairy set of brakes.

The new increased stopping power has highlighted worn subframe bushes, so 034 solid bushes from WOT will be ordered on Monday.

Very, very happy. All of a sudden with the solid mounts and brakes the poly suspension bushes are coming alive, and the car doesn't feel old anymore. It feels so tight and responsive.

Next chapter is the Project camber top plates which are en-route and coilovers. I can't wait.

Prawn, s3dave and Jason.s like this.

Then never do them.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Nice one chap

It really is properly good, all feels very tight and connected now, no drive train shunt or overrun jolt like before, and it puts the power down nicer too with no wheel hop.

Very impressed. Brakes are top notch too
    16Klappe likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

silver sleeper

Status
    cars looking really well fella, i want some shiny progressive brakes now!-) i got tyre screech at 70ish yesterday not fun!
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Nice one chap

It really is properly good, all feels very tight and connected now, no drive train shunt or overrun jolt like before, and it puts the power down nicer too with no wheel hop.

Very impressed. Brakes are top notch too
    Thanks for your help and commitment during the rain, wouldn't have actually done it without you

The screaching is back, so embarrassing...Because Racecar.

What's wrong with your brakes Arn? 312's? How is it possible to lock them at 70?

Then never do them.

silver sleeper

Status
    im not sure, they gave a decent chirp not so much a lock up when everything stopped on the dual carriage way and i was accerating pretty hard? they are stockers yeah, abs seems to work at low speeds? little odd i guess but they feel ok if a little bit insufficient since the remap??
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Probably just contaminates on the discs, if you don't drive hard they will build up. Go give them a 5/6 controlled, hard stops from 70mph to 10mph and then drive them for 5 mins without touching the brakes. See if you can bed some life back into them.
    crazy88 likes this.

Then never do them.

Down under

Status
    Nice work. The new mounts make a nice difference don't they? They should bed in a bit though. Mine are pretty solid. You have to pull away perfect and not labour it else it's pretty bad
    16Klappe likes this.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah man, it's like fitting a dogbone bush x1000.

Vex182 likes this.

Then never do them.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Nice work Prawn!
    Prawn and phil miller like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    So the mounts are good then? Cant wait to fit mine lol. They dont sound loud either, just sounds like engine and exhaust noise to me.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Good work lads (mainly Prawn). All this modding is making me jealous.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Nice review there of the mounts...I was a bit sceptical at first once mine was fitted due to the amount of vibration in the cabin, but thankfully it softened up as it wasn't pleasant on idle. (Not for me but the women loved sitting in traffic! Lol)

Should work wonders for you at ADI with the mounts and brakes
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice work Prawn (sorry Jardo)

my job is getting these filled this week hopefully, and shipping out your top mounts hopefully, or giving them to Nick for you to pick up
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Probably just contaminates on the discs, if you don't drive hard they will build up. Go give them a 5/6 controlled, hard stops from 70mph to 10mph and then drive them for 5 mins without touching the brakes. See if you can bed some life back into them.
    Think i'm gonna try this on mine. My brakes are poop at the moment, but it was sat for at least a month I think previous to me buying it...which I'm sure hasn't helped.

Oh, and your new brakes do look good! Glad they work well too.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Just had a midnight hoon home, 6* ambient temps as well as the brakes and mounts.

She is gooood!

Cheers for all the kind words lads, much appreciated.

Xxx

Then never do them.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Nice work man! If prawn did that for me, I'd give him pakora's hehe! Heard you been looking at TT's ey jardo? Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Oh Tin Turtles.

Prawn did alright out of fitting my new brakes, he got a full 312 setup, a set of engine mounts and a new dogbone.

I am finding the pads a hard transition compared to what I am used to, last night I did a long slow brake onto a set of lights because that's how I am used to braking with the worn 312's. Then after the roundabout about 40 yards after the lights someone pulled out in front of me and I just touched he brakes and scrubbed off 20/30mph in seconds.

I can't wait to try them on track.

Then never do them.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Get these super duper brakes they said. Mintex M1177's are awesome they said.

That much dust is after a twenty minute drive.

Fitted on Sunday morning, I have used 500ml of Demon Shine cleaning my wheels already.

Then never do them.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Why do you think I have black wheels

My offer still stands.

Come round tomorrow night and I'll fit some totally stock brembo pads in exchange for the mintex back. See how you get on with the stock ones, far less dust, and for your needs still PLENTY of power, they also won't squeal and wake the neighbours
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

But they are SO good.

I LOVE them.

I might buy a set of DS2500's as a slight step down. What pads have you got left?

Then never do them.

Down under

Status
    Black doesn't help too much either heh. This is mine with Pagids after a few days:

They just go brown !
    16Klappe likes this.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Black means you just don realise how dirty they are till you come to clean them and it takes hours.
    16Klappe likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Prawns wheels are brown too.

I have sourced a set of TT Comps with P Zero Corsas off Paul, so will get those picked up soon. Then they can get as dusty as they want.

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    DS2500s are terrible for burning into the alloy finish too....and eat discs.... utter ****e... IMO
    Last edited by s3dave; 10th September 2013 at 15:44.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The problem is clearly that people fit "race" pads to road cars and run them way below their adhesive operating window, making **** loads of dust and eating their discs.

But it's ok because when they DO brake properly their face is torn off.

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Can you use them on the daily grind as they are meant to be used? unless you are one of these dickheads who weave in and out of traffic etc?

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Nope.

I have only got them up to temp once and that took 4/5 HARD stops, more than my stomach can handle.

Then never do them.