Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    The beast was pretty lairy; the engine was strong as you like and pretty much everything was new.

When I sold it all it needed was a set of discs and a wheel bearing. Neither of which have been done...

I wish it would just die
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

As a bit of an update, the man boost mobile is booked in for a map update on Thursday.

Then never do them.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    As a bit of an update, the man boost mobile is booked in for a map update on Thursday.
    Can Niki turn it into a clio using his laptop?

If not, I don't know why you're bothering
    StaceyS3 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Clios are only better if your comparing them to A3's that don;t flow 850g/s

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

I am bothering so that my car can be quicker than Frenchmans. (Well, it already is. But I would like it to be a lot quicker)

It will be nice to see what TIV can do to a 1.8t first hand, have you driven a TIV K03s yet?

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    getting Launch control ?

6th Gear

Status

Have i missed something?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Have i missed something?
    You have I'm afraid mate, on the clio vs a3 quattro thread, basically jardo just saying how Clios are so much better than A3's, and the rest of the world suggesting he just feck off and buy one

I am bothering so that my car can be quicker than Frenchmans. (Well, it already is. But I would like it to be a lot quicker)

It will be nice to see what TIV can do to a 1.8t first hand, have you driven a TIV K03s yet?
    You should really do it for your own personal gains mate, not for hollow victories over people that don't care

I've not driven a TIV mapped ko3s car yet no.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Pierre is a fag.

Of cause I am doing it for me, it might keep me interested and stop me selling up to buy a Clio again.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status

Jardo's new 'Man Boooost' toy!

Don't mean to sound thick but what is Tiv mapping?

5th Gear

Status
    It might keep me interested and stop me selling up to buy a Clio again.
    Only to comeback in another A3, or S3 if you saw sense

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Quote Originally Posted by A3-Lee View Post
    Don't mean to sound thick but what is Tiv mapping?
    Well I thought it was short for Torque Intervention. But I also thought that this wasn't an issue on the A3s!
    JimS3 likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Only to comeback in another A3, or S3 if you saw sense
    Never going to happen diesel boy.

-

A quote from Niki -

Its my new mappng methods for ME7 1.8T and MED9 2.0TFSI the results are amazing and allowing me to unlock the ecu more than ever before. I dont want to go into too much detail, but basically its a method I have been working on for 18months now which allows me to gain full control of the timing and boost and tune like a stand alone ecu with out over active PID or torque invertention. It removes lots of the stupid Bosch routines which hinder tuning for power. I am the only tuner offering this combination of tuning for 1.8T. TFSi and Focus 225 ST.. I wont be long until it gets copied like my linear throttle ideas...lol

Allows me to gain full control of the timing and boost and tune like a stand alone ecu without over active ecu PID or torque invertention trying to reduce torque. It removes lots of the stupid Bosch routines which hinder tuning for power. Some cars stage2 1.8T ko4 have been seeing around 30bhp30lbft gains, TFSI back to back can see 15-20lbft across the mid range with TiV, some see no gains but much better and smooth torque deilivery, light load driving more refined. I have been using methods like this in my custom maps for a few years now and its only this year I have added them all together and put them in to all my maps.

Then never do them.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Me thinks a trip to r-tech might be on the cards for me in 2013
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

5th Gear

Status
    Never going to happen diesel boy.

-

A quote from Niki -
    Coming back in an S3? Or coming back at all?

Also is that tiv thing something niki has invented or is it different software being used to create maps allowing more options to be unlocked than previously?

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Coming back in an S3? Or coming back at all?

Also is that tiv thing something niki has invented or is it different software being used to create maps allowing more options to be unlocked than previously?
    Something Niki has invented, it is a commonly used method of mapping a stand alone ECU which has been adapted to work on ME7+.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Jesus , I spend a few days with the family and in the garage... Look what happens.!
    i did see that A3 on eBay and thought it looks familiar ,
    regarding clios... 172 and 182 cups I had mates with both a few years back. My S3 was in stage 1 trim then and I could pull away. Just I had to brake earlier for roundabouts
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Something Niki has invented, it is a commonly used method of mapping a stand alone ECU which has been adapted to work on ME7+.

You're getting a bit confused there chap. The tiv mapping and RAW mapping are two totally different things.

Tiv is simply removing the Ecus torque intervention of rapidly decreasing ignition advance to hold back the torque delivery, only spotted when using very high sample rates on logging equipment.

The raw mapping is totally changing the whole structure of me7.5 and how it works, and removing much of its systems and processes and running it more like a standalone with very fixed values and requests.

The raw mapping is not available to the public currently. The torque intervention stuff is now in all rtech and b5 maps, and I believe can also be added as a patch to other files too

S3 Drift King!

Status
    You're getting a bit confused there chap. The tiv mapping and RAW mapping are two totally different things.

Tiv is simply removing the Ecus torque intervention of rapidly decreasing ignition advance to hold back the torque delivery, only spotted when using very high sample rates on logging equipment.

The raw mapping is totally changing the whole structure of me7.5 and how it works, and removing much of its systems and processes and running it more like a standalone with very fixed values and requests.

The raw mapping is not available to the public currently. The torque intervention stuff is now in all rtech and b5 maps, and I believe can also be added as a patch to other files too
    Jardo WRONG!?!!......NEVER!!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Jardo WRONG!?!!......NEVER!!

Niki himself must be wrong, after all I copied all of the information from his own post on UkMk5's when he first made TiV public.

Then never do them.

Status
    Removing torque intervention is most definitely not a method of mappng a standalone ecu, as they don't have such silly things in the first place. They are more simple in that respect.

All he means by the standalone comment, is that if he asks for 20 degrees advance, he gets 20 degrees, not 20-20-10-20-20-10-20-20-10 as is the case with torque intervention active.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Removing torque intervention is most definitely not a method of mappng a standalone ecu, as they don't have such silly things in the first place. They are more simple in that respect.

All he means by the standalone comment, is that if he asks for 20 degrees advance, he gets 20 degrees, not 20-20-10-20-20-10-20-20-10 as is the case with torque intervention active.
    Well lets see how I get on tomorrow Wahooo.

Then never do them.

RIP S3dave

Status

Correct

ME7 is a torque based ecu - clever maths engine inside with its "model" of the engine.... and so many intervening "other" maps which get in the way. We first saw this on hollies TT, niki saw it when demonstrating the emulator... and subsequently with high speed logging saw it occuring, and found the little critter maps which got in the way. Respect for that.. I had found a lot of them but not all of them slowly but surely.. Nefmoto forum being quite handy to pick up little gems and try them out.. (so much faster to do this with an emulator tho)

ARMD is the torque monitoring (intervention) function which is discussed at length on nef, and often gets a lively debate running, lol..

Stand alones are'nt and dont have the intervention crap to have to undo....... they do what they're told directly. Badgerwagen is on standalone.
    beachbuggy likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

1st Gear

Status
    ... it might keep me interested and stop me selling up to buy a Clio again.
    Don't do it!

I sold my Mk4 Anni to buy my last 03-plate 172 and although the engines are strong (if well maintained!) the rate at which the small, peripheral things go wrong or fail is astonishing...

Status
    Well, it sounds like after months of talking and bold statements from the special one, this car has actually been on a dyno at long bloody last!

I'll let him post the results when he gets home, if he dares
    StaceyS3 and Rainbird like this.

Neutral

Status
    Oh god, this could be an interesting one!

2nd Gear

Status

Looking forward to seeing your results mate

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    From your statement their nick im guessing its done badly compared to what jardo thought it would lol.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

1st Gear

Status
    Maybe its not so much of a '
    Certified S3 Slayer'

I need to get down to R-tech and get on the rollers, start of march maybe..

Status
    I'm saying nothing!

6th Gear

Status
    Everyone will think it did poorly but it'll probably end up at a stupidly high figure for a stage 1.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Everyone will think it did poorly but it'll probably end up at a stupidly high figure for a stage 1.
    I was thinking this as well.

Failing that, maybe Niki's dyno couldn't handle it and they ended up using the epic G/S reading anyway..
    Pabl0 likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Failing that, maybe Niki's dyno couldn't handle it and they ended up using the epic G/S reading anyway..
    This is my favourite answer by a long shot
    Westy likes this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    It blew the bearings on the RR, Went straight through the wall and took over an s3 on the M1......

S3 Drift King!

Status
    This is how Jardo got to RTec.

8l a3 being towed by vectra

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This is how Jardo got to RTec.

8l a3 being towed by vectra
    Major lol

5th Gear

Status

Related to anything?

Saw it this morning, its really quiet for having a milltek!

Status
    Indeed it is Smurfman.

Car should be very quiet with the non res miltek, until it's at full chat where it'll sound nice, but still not that loud.

5th Gear

Status
    Yea, its good design from the men at milltek. Full chat video needed i think

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Boom.

I guess my airflow logging was pretty bloody accurate then...

Then never do them.