Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Can you not just take 10mm off the end of the tips? Seems a bit much work to take it out of the centre section just to make them closer to the bumper?

^^^ nope.

Tailpipes sitting too far out like that means it's most likely sitting too far back, so the highest point of the exhaust will not be over the highest point of the beam. Hence why Jardo says it's knocking.

shorten the centre section to bring the axle pipe central over the axle, and all is well :)

^^^ nope.

Tailpipes sitting too far out like that means it's most likely sitting too far back, so the highest point of the exhaust will not be over the highest point of the beam. Hence why Jardo says it's knocking.

shorten the centre section to bring the axle pipe central over the axle, and all is well :)

Ahh fairy nuff:) I must have missed the knocking bit.

A little bit very annoyed.

Somebody hit my car last night :( Scuffed the bumper, smashed the mirror, scuffed the passengers front wheel, scuffed the passenger front wing and bent the outer arch in. The inner arch liner was split and pressed up against the wheel.

First I knew of it was this morning, set up all my car cleaning gear pulled out the pressure washer and all that jazz.

Went to move the car down the road to my back gate and heard the crunch as I pulled away and tore the inner arch liner out.

No pictures, don't want everyone to see it until it is fixed :(

Reactions: paultownsend
A little bit very annoyed.

Somebody hit my car last night :( Scuffed the bumper, smashed the mirror, scuffed the passengers front wheel, scuffed the passenger front wing and bent the outer arch in. The inner arch liner was split and pressed up against the wheel.

First I knew of it was this morning, set up all my car cleaning gear pulled out the pressure washer and all that jazz.

Went to move the car down the road to my back gate and heard the crunch as I pulled away and tore the inner arch liner out.

No pictures, don't want everyone to see it until it is fixed :(
You know the rules ... Pics or you are dreaming....

There are some tossers about....:asskicking:

Reactions: StaceyS3 and MIGGZ
Sorry to hear mate. Bunch of ****s!
Pics would be handy in case someone has similar damage and can follow your repair process or even help source you parts
Best of luck dude

No pictures of the body damage Dave, not yet :( There's a picture on Facebook after my attempt to clean it up and straighten out the wing, but all in all it's pretty ****ing tragic.

You can have a picture of the wheel though -

253836_10151599263020130_946744736_n.jpg

EVERYBODY who knows me knows what I am like, I take so much pride in my car love keeping it immaculate. So gutted that it's been damaged, I totally fell out of love with the last A3 when it was damaged, same with the Clio. So I'm hoping I don't lose the love over this :(

Gutted for you mate.
I hate it when people crash in to your pride and joy.
If you do fall out of love with it, what you going to get?

On the bright side, its a good excuse to get some S3 front wings to go with the seats and wheels mate. :ninja:

I totally fell out of love with the last A3 when it was damaged, same with the Clio. So I'm hoping I don't lose the love over this :(

I'm genuinely not trying to be antagonistic here mate, but comments like that really wind me up. You'll never get anywhere if you just quit at the first sign of trouble and sell it off cheap like you normally do, a bit of commitment is needed sometimes!

You've been incredibly lucky with all your cars really, a few have been vandalised or damaged I know, but you've never suffered from any great mechanical failings that have cost you money at all, unlike most of us.

I know it's **** and it makes you miserable, but it can be fixed, and it'll be the same car you still love :)

Sorry to hear mate, their really are some ****ing ****ers in this world. You have any idea whos done it?

Cheers mate.

No idea who it is, there isn't anybody in our area that doesn't like us. I'm friendly with every neighbor for about 10 houses, always seen out cleaning my car and everybody always stops and chats. :(

Ho hum, just have to crack on with it.

I pulled my socks up this afternoon, got myself to the scrappy and got a mirror. Stopped in at the bodyshop at work and used their arch roller to straighten my arch lip to a standard I was happy with.

Then I wet sanded and rattle can'd the wing and front bumper.

16585_10151599459390130_336762560_n.jpg

I know it's there, and I can see light sanding marks which annoys me. But to be fair it is now no worse than it was before, I just need a new inner arch liner now.

It's probably someone drunk just passing through your road, you can't see any of it from the pictures. If you want to get rid I suppose I could stretch to a grand and I'll take it off your hands :p

Yeah no problems, deal.

You can pay the other £1500 on pay day when you pick up the car :p

20130111_193742.jpg

I will reveal all by the end of the month when I have enough data logs and dyno runs to give solid evidence to my findings. However Bill (Badger) put me onto an induction setup which costs £13.06 and is on the shelf in every motor factors which has better filtration than a Jetex or Piper X. He had a hunch and I put it into action.

Peak airflows on the road have shown a 4g/s flow increase from 4000rpm to red line over a Jetex in a heat shield. I am hoping to get the two setups on an RR at the end of the month to prove it then I shall share with all.

I don't want to suggest everybody goes and buys these until I KNOW I am right.

Spoken to Bill about it and he didn't seem surprised, so thanks to Bill :)

Reactions: Rainbird
Honda s2000 filter by any chance. Also you just bought some 550cc injectors?

Isn't the S2000 filter a cone filter inside a box?

Very nice. So will it not fit in the heatshield? Notice a difference? And whas the injectors for? I wanted them but youd bought them before i knew they were up haha.

The injectors were a bargain; they're for Phil Millers 300bhp TQS. I saw them come up and would have bought them regardless, at that price they needed to be purchased.

I get 191.2 peak flow every time I log my car, without fail in any conditions.

Did a log on the way home, logged 191.2.

Fitted this intake setup and went straight back out, logged 195.6 twice and a in third gear noticed a slightly longer pull.

Seems good; I just want to get a heat shield fabricated for it (which i have the metal for) and to get it on the rollers so I can advise people on it.

Not half, thats why i wanted them lol.

So the heat shields dave makes wont fit it then? Wheres the best pkace to buy the filters? Eurocarparts dot seem to stock them online.

Too wide for Daves shield, I am going to try and make something up though.

I got mine from Euro, used my works discount but usually they are under fourteen quid. I needed a 70-80mm adapter (although the outer diameter is actually 82mm) and I had a fair amount of faffing about to get it all on. The correct 86mm adapter which will easily close up to the filter is only 7 quid though, so still well under half the price of a Jetex.

I have got two heat shields so one to play with and one to make nice when I have got the dimensions right.

It sounds better too :)

Very nice. So will it not fit in the heatshield? Notice a difference? And whas the injectors for? I wanted them but youd bought them before i knew they were up haha.

The injectors are very very sexy :) and a total bargain

Jardo is a star and has found me some awesome buys, inc injectors, Meth, B5 Tip, DV, i have a lot to thank him for, he has turned my TQS from a 'one day maybe it will be mapped' to a 'its booked in to be mapped in 3 weeks and its ready'

Top bloke :)

Go on rub it in lol.

Cant wait to see the testing heat shield mate. Any part numbers for the filter? Going to give euro a call tomorrow and order one, my jetex is a few years old and needs cleaning ao may just replace it lol.

Sorry to hear about your car, very frustrating and disheartening when someone carelessly damages your pride and joy.
Nice injectors. Good find on the filter too, will be interesting to see the logs.

I like the idea of those filters too, if you're seeing gains over a jetex then that's impressive. I wonder if they'd flow enough for 350bhp?

Cheers Dan :)

Get one ordered then Prawn, there's only one way to find out. You will need a small piece of 82mm pipe to join it, can't hurt to try :)

82mm stretches into 80mm just fine mate. No way of testing if it increases / looses power for me though, so I'd rather wait until I'm at friendly dyno.

The Samco 80mm reducer I had yesterday DID NOT go over without sanding down the OD of the filter neck and trimming the inside of the reducer. I put it in the oven for an age and it did not stretch enough.

The OD is probably more like 84/85mm, I will ask Bill to measure the OD of the one he has, but the ID of the neck is 80mm.

Jardo, you didn't need to wait until 2013 to get this filter.. I could have told you how good it was back in July when I fitted one to mine! I'm pretty sure he found out about this before he told me as well.. All you had to do was ask :)
Prawn you don't need any adapter as you have a proper size maf

I've been running s2k filters since 2010 when I had my ko3s bora. I did do some testing on various brands, no surprise that the ap2 s2000 genuine honda filter is the best flowing of the normal manufacturers. Worth noting you can order a k & n s2000 filter, which may work well.

Here's a guide I did back in 2011 when I had my s3 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/118673-benjamins-s2000-air-filter-mod.html

Little pic of my Agu bora with an s2k filter fitted back in 2010

AA906F5B-D907-4E02-BA44-56FE2E7E192A-4115-000002B0946B5307.jpg

Ahh fair enough, I have never even looked in your thread Chris so wouldn't have seen.

So this will flow fine for a maxed K04? If so I will get one for Phil.

Good post that Ben, I will bump it up tonight :)