DIS Accuracy?

mramage

Reaction score

How accurate is your DIS MPG? Mine has apparently been adjusted 5%, but it read 15% over at my fill afer leaving the M6 heading for buxton. It said 32, working it out by hand, using miles div litres X 4.54, I got 27.6.

Does anyone else keep track of their *true* MPG or is the DIS so accurate they don't bother any more?

I came up the M1 yesterday to Nottingham doing about 60mph - it was the third day in a row that I had done the trip and I was so fed up of thrashing it I decided to cause my own personal traffic jam. Started with a full tank with a range of 260 miles, ended with a three quarters tank and range of 450, approx 100 miles later. Av MPG 36.4. However, four lorry drivers had fallen asleep at the wheel behind me causing the carriageway to be coated in a lethal combination of diesel, golden syrup, nails and asylum seekers. Carnage.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Golf Bygone
LOL!
Just came back from frace on wednesday and all the TDI drivers drive at 110mph on the autoroutes. I drove in convoy with a couple and got 26mpg with my dis average reading 98mph.

Got back to the UK and every Vag tdi driver I saw was in the middle lane doing 75mph. As an experiment I set the cruise to 75 and tucked in behind one. Car averaged 38mpg. It's no surprise the guys with diesels get high 40's. They can be as smug as they like as I've never been so bored in my entire life. Driving at these speeds is worse than watching eastenders. If you're that effin tight then catch a bus.

Needless to say after about 20 miles of this (which seemed like a lifetime) I set the cruise back to mid 90's and woke up.

Well, here in belgium I drive about 140 Kph on average in my TDI on the motorway and my average consumption is usually around 6 l/100km

This works out to 87 Mph and 47 Mpg, not bored at all thank you very much.