Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Exhaust fitted and wow

Well after the bit of trouble I had after fitting the exhaust, the car is running fine now. But holy moly it has absolutely destroyed my mpg. It has literally halved it and for not much of a gain in power, it has me thinking is it really worth it. I mean when giving it the beans my mpg goes down to 3mpg where as before I put it on it never dropped below 12. While cruising I am only managing at most 30mpg compared to 45+ before.
    So I am no contemplating going back to the standard unit. Has this happened to everyone who has changed up.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    No how can it? something wrong, ive got a pipewerx with no probs, reset the adaptions....

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    12mpg when giving it some how.

i have standard exhaust when booting it i only get 3-4 mpg, sure it aint blowing some where

12th Gear

Status
    I have standard exhaust, mine drops to 3-4 when giving it some. Lucky to get my average above 30!
    What exhaust is it btw?

Nogaro S3

Status
    maybe you just have apply more pressure to the loud pedal when driving, MPG is suppose to increase with a map, mine has done the opposite lol

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvo View Post
    sure it aint blowing some where
    i would check for this too
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

colicabcadam
    you've knocked something / unplugged something - most likely the lambda sensor or possibly the exhaust gas temperature sensor if your car has one?

changing an exhaust system will not see a drop of mpg by 33% lol, if 33% more fuel is being pushed in it'll put pressure on the cat, do you smell like a clutch burning smell, this will be the cat trying to break down the excessive fuel!
    Last edited by colicabcadam; 16th September 2011 at 15:01.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    No how can it? something wrong, ive got a pipewerx with no probs, reset the adaptions....
    Reset which adaptions.

There is no cat in the system anymore. There was deffo nothing left unplugged after the install.

There are no leaks along the pipework/joints.
    Last edited by IrishDave; 16th September 2011 at 15:08.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

RIP S3dave

Status
    mpg determined how? off mfa or tank to tank (reliable)
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Totally normal what your getting now. Expecting over 30mpg from a 260hp (guess) car, lol

3rd Gear

Status
    I wouldnt say that. The fuel economy increased after the Revo map, so the only parameter to have changed since then is the exhaust which as I said in the first post I think has probably ruined the car. Anyway when on part throttle you aint using half the power the engine can produce, yet the mpg has fallen right off.
    Before fitting the exhaust I was averaging 320-340 miles per tank, now I just managed 205miles on the last tank. Now that is a huge drop dont you think. Yes the foot has been planted a few more times than usual, but only a couple of times otherwise I have been driving the same.

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Dave what engine codes your car?

After fitting my 80mm tip the mpg dropped to about 18mpg and that was granny driving, after about 80+ miles with it fitted the mpg has come back to level pegging, around 30mpg mixed driving.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyh View Post
    maybe you just have apply more pressure to the loud pedal when driving, MPG is suppose to increase with a map, mine has done the opposite lol
    Haha in this case he's on about the exhaust affecting his mpg, not his remap :P

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have cat back exhaust, forge tip and I get average 26 mpg (based on dash display) but I have a heavy right foot !
    2001 S3
    Mods.. Forge quickshift (forward/side), Forge TIP, Cat back exhaust, Retro fit Cruise control, Induction Kit, n75 J, ECU remap.
    Need more power !!